Alright guys, I need some help. I want to record video and audio of me playing bass at a decent price/quality. Ive recorded with a video camera before and it sounded like ass (bass sounded like fart, etc). I need a cheap solution to this.

I have a video camera I can use, but I need help with audio. How do people get such high quality recordings? I heard some people plug in directly into the computer and play? Im not too tech-savvy but I have the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter that I can use, so is there anything else that I need? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
pinga
Line 6 (no, really, line 6) has their toneport line, or they should still have it. I've had a UX1 for 4 or 5 years and it still works well. when i lost the software i found i could just download it for free, which was cool. it's moderately cheap and if you get an older one it would be the same as a new one, just cheaper. it takes a while to get used to it and get a decent sound though, and i don't know exactly how you would sync the audio with the visual, but some youtubers do that.
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by Cb4rabid
I dont have a PS3 or a 360

you don't need one, just go to gamestop or some other used video game store. you can buy them cheap used like 12 bucks.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Go to radioshack and buy a 1/4 to xlr adatper then xlr to usb will run u bout 50 bucks. Or buy a di box and then get the xlr to usb will run you bout 100 and will give you good quality. The other suggestions are good too
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31hgwuyK5bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg[/img

Nothing fancy, just a cheap computer microphone I bought for $15 at Target -- stick it right in front of the amp, set the bass+amp volume about 1/3 up, and record. Usually I'll follow with 12 dB or so noise reduction in Audacity, then amplify the track and adjust the volume to taste.

When recording my acoustics, I'll sometimes tape it to the front of the guitar, or shove it right inside for the acoustic bass. I've got a bit of cloth taped to the bottom of the stand so it doesn't rattle. Maybe not the best or most conventional system, but it works for me.

Here's a track I recorded recently that gives a good idea how it sounds.
Well, that doesn't sound too bad at all. Any idea how to sync it up with a video though?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Well, that doesn't sound too bad at all. Any idea how to sync it up with a video though?

Pluck a note before you start playing the song and then sync up the sound so the test note sounds at the same time u see yourslef pluck it then once it have it synced cut both the audio and the video excess
I need more help with this. Is there a program i need? The last time I did it, I used a webcam so I didnt really need a special program. Im figuring if I do it with a video camera, there will be audio that goes along with it, so I'd need to find a way to omit the video camera's audio.

Or should I just do it with a webcam again?
pinga