ok, so on monday we're doing a little concert for 5th graders to see who is interested in joining band next year. each section of the band has to have someone play a solo song just for about 30 seconds, and it has to be something little 5th grade kids will know. any suggestions?
Everyday things change..

Basically they stay the same.
Smoke on the Water. Don't know if you can play it properly using the marimba (my band class has none), but it is a very easy song to play, just play the intro. You can use the chord roots, I guess. (Or play the chords)

G5, A#5, C5,
G5, A#5, C#5, C5,
G5, A#5, C5, A#5, G5
Quote by yoman297
Smoke on the Water. Don't know if you can play it properly using the marimba (my band class has none), but it is a very easy song to play, just play the intro. You can use the chord roots, I guess. (Or play the chords)

G5, A#5, C5,
G5, A#5, C#5, C5,
G5, A#5, C5, A#5, G5

No...
Play some Steve Reich, watch them get lost on the enormous tract of sonic space that emanates from you...

Quote by mccreadyfan01
ok, so on monday we're doing a little concert for 5th graders

Oh...well I guess Smoke On The Water's good then. Whenever there's a marimba/glockenspiel around, I'm always tempted to play "No Surprises" by Radiohead and the Simpsons theme.
i seriously never thought of playing smoke on the water! wow. thanks, and steve reich made me laugh, i'd love to see them be confused
Everyday things change..

Sunday Morning by The Velvet Underground?

Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield?
i'm a 9th grader, and yeah, i can play with two hands. i had to for a solo piece a little ways back.
Everyday things change..

http://
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls