Well i am simply looking for a guitar suited well for metal and i don't really know whats hot nowadays. Six or seven strings does not matter and it can be V or Explorer shaped, i don't really care. The pickups should preferably be passive but i can handle active to.

EDIT: Absolutely no Floyd Rose-bridges at all, period!
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Last edited by Amakir at May 13, 2011,
Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear,Special Fetishes?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Last edited by NosralTserrof at May 13, 2011,
Quote by NosralTserrof
Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear,Special Fetishes?

Between 600 and 1 200 bucks, Extreme Metal, New, Both, Borlänge, Some Cheap ESP LTD and an old Classical guitar that i have used for probably ten years now, Explorers. im going to get a Vox Valvetronix-amp if thats any help.

Quote by pigeonmafia
That has a floyd

He posted that before i edited my post.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
What you need is the search bar.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by Amakir
Between 600 and 1 200 bucks, Extreme Metal, New, Both, Borlänge, Some Cheap ESP LTD and an old Classical guitar that i have used for probably ten years now, Explorers. im going to get a Vox Valvetronix-amp if thats any help.

OK. First off, I would recommend pushing some of that money into a new amp. You'll get better tones, I promise. I would look at Blackstar, Jet City, and Peavey for a good, cheap metal tone.

Now on to your original question.

Do you like your LTD? Cause you could get this for $600, with $600 on an amp. Maybe grab this Epiphone if you don't like the pointedness of the EX. Here's an alternitive for a passive pickup guitar.

As for V's, look here for a passive V, here for an active V, and THIS trumps all that I've posted here, IMO.

Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
What you need is the search bar.

Why? He wants a guitar built for metal. I know there's a gear for metal thread, but idk about guitars, so know what you're talking about before you throw stones.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
OK. First off, I would recommend pushing some of that money into a new amp. You'll get better tones, I promise. I would look at Blackstar, Jet City, and Peavey for a good, cheap metal tone.

Do you like your LTD? Cause you could get this for $600, with $600 on an amp. Maybe grab this Epiphone if you don't like the pointedness of the EX. Here's an alternitive for a passive pickup guitar.

As for V's, look here for a passive V, here for an active V, and THIS trumps all that I've posted here, IMO.

Why? He wants a guitar built for metal. I know there's a gear for metal thread, but idk about guitars, so know what you're talking about before you throw stones.

Pretty much all of the guitar you posted there are sold out it seems.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by Amakir
Pretty much all of the guitar you posted there are sold out it seems.

Huh. You don't live in the US, do you? Well, I really can't help you there. Are there any online stores based in Sweden that we could search?

Also, do you have a European equivalent of Craigslist that you could search?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Huh. You don't live in the US, do you? Well, I really can't help you there. Are there any online stores based in Sweden that we could search?

Also, do you have a European equivalent of Craigslist that you could search?

You could search for guitars on this site. http://www.thomann.de/
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by Amakir
You could search for guitars on this site. http://www.thomann.de/

OK, here are a few that I found.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_fx_360_sm.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ex_std_bk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_j_waters_anni_v_rd_b_stock.htm

And a little favorite of mine: http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_rr5_iv.htm

I used the UK site (I don't feel like translating Swedish) so the shipping/cost in general might be higher.

Quote by rickyj
check these out

link

He said no Floyd rose guitars......

Damnit, you's be trollin!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof

Its called research...you find good metal brands...look at their products in your price range, pick and choose what you like about each and buy the one with mostof those features...there is also a new thread about this everyday.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Looking for an ESP-LTD EX series is probably your best bet for an Explorer-shape. They go for around €600 to €800 depending on the model (except the EX-50 which is an entry-level guitar), leaving plenty of cash to pump into a good metal amp. That Valvetronix does other tones quite good, but isn't particularly good for out-and-out metal.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Well then, what is a good metal amp that can do some nice clean tones?
THIS IS FOR COWS!
2nd hand Ibanez RGA121
Peavey 6505 112.

Sorted.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb