Yeah, I've made a thread previously about a schecter and a jp50. But I really don't know which guitar will I buy.

So I'll keep bugging you ultimate guitar members until I buy it.

So. 2 and a half years ago I bought an humble fender squier strat. It has been doing its
job greatly until now. However, the sound and the tuning stability isn't so great nowadays.

So it's time to buy a new guitar! But which one? I need you to tell me Because
no matter on how much I search for it, I never make my mind.

Things I mostly play:

-Pink Floyd
-AC/DC
-Guns n' roses
-Led Zeppelin
-Iron Maiden

-Joe Satriani
-Gary moore
-Santana.

And things like those. Mostly classic rock I guess. But I'm aiming for some versatility as well.

I can only spend until 900€

I've come to some suggestions to myself, even though I don't know if they would do. My guitar teacher talks about fender's stratocasters.

http://www.thomann.de/pt/fender_american_special_strat_mn_2cs.htm

(But he's kind of a fender fanboy, therefore he's suspiscious so I need other
suggestions!). He talks about the schecter hellraiser c-1 FR as well. But I really don't
know. I've seen the EC-1000 series by ESP. But I've heard they're kinda uncomfortable and not very versatile, mainly for more heavy stuff. And I've seen the JP50 by sterling as well. But it's expensive as hell here in portugal (850€ here and 530$ in the USA).

Sorry for all the text and thanks for your attention
Last edited by SparkzPT at May 13, 2011,
Quote by PanamaJack666
What you really need is a new amp.

Ignore this 'tard.

What you should do is go inernet shopping.
Find guitars in your budget that you wouldn't mind having
then have slowly tick off the ones you don't like the specs of until you have a handful of ideas.

Then get lots of reviews of the ones you've chosen as your final choices

Then you'll have to slowly pick the final decision.
You also won't have buyer's remorse because any of the final ones could have been equally awesome.
It's a decision only you can make my friend.

Happy hunting!
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
/thread
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG355OXM
Fender Mexican Deluxe Series Stratocaster
Fender Squire Bullet
Schecter Damien Elite 8
Yamaha F325 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey 5150 II Full stack
Peavey 2001 Studio Pro 112
Roland Micro Cube
A MM Sterling JP50 for $1200US?!?!

Are you serious? That's theft!
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
charvel pro mod? or a mij or mim strat with humbuckers for the harder stuff. youll always have the neck and middle pickup for cleans.
I personally think you could go for an Ibanez of the S series, if you prefer a guitar with a tremolo.

For instance, the S570B could be nice, it's a good all-around guitar in my opinion, unlike the S420, it has proper fret markers, and it has a 3 piece neck, which means it's less likely to end up with a curve if not cared for properly, the price shouldn't be exorbitant.
The ZR tremolo is built for tuning stability, so you shouldn't have much troubles there.
It would fit perfectly well with the Satriani, Santana, and Gary Moore stuff. Especially Satriani considering the tremolo.

That's my suggestion, I'm not really biased towards any brand of guitars, I just happen to be a lot more knowledgeable when it comes to Ibanez, and as far as I know, the ZR bridge is one of the most advanced, if not the most advanced bridge when it comes to tremolos.
The epitome of NEET. Maybe not for too long

/人 ‿‿ 人\
Everybody hates Kyubey.
@Silent Murder & Wisthekiller: It's a really good advice, but I'm living kind of in the middle of nowhere So it's kinda hard for me to test guitars. I'm currently 2 hours away from the few good music stores we have in Portugal. So I really must know what I'm going to test if I go to one.

Quote by kangaxxter
A MM Sterling JP50 for $1200US?!?!

Are you serious? That's theft!

Yep.

Thomann = 839€ ~~ 1184 US dollar.
http://www.thomann.de/pt/sterling_by_music_man_john_petrucci_jp50.htm

Musicstore = 789 ~~ 1127 US dollar.
http://www.musicstore.de/pt_PT/PTE/Sterling-by-Music-Man-John-Petrucci-JP50-PRB-Pearl-Red-Burst/art-GIT0016455-000

Lismusica (a store from portugal) = 848€ ~~ 1197 US dollar.
http://www.lismusica.pt/?product=4221

Musician's friend (USA) = 545 US dollar ~~ 386€
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sterling-by-Music-Man-JP50-John-Petrucci-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=580993

So yep. It's pretty ridiculous.

Quote by the hirsh
charvel pro mod? or a mij or mim strat with humbuckers for the harder stuff. youll always have the neck and middle pickup for cleans.

Those charvel pro mod look great! I'll definitely check those out.

Quote by VinnyCryst
I personally think you could go for an Ibanez of the S series, if you prefer a guitar with a tremolo.

For instance, the S570B could be nice, it's a good all-around guitar in my opinion, unlike the S420, it has proper fret markers, and it has a 3 piece neck, which means it's less likely to end up with a curve if not cared for properly, the price shouldn't be exorbitant.
The ZR tremolo is built for tuning stability, so you shouldn't have much troubles there.
It would fit perfectly well with the Satriani, Santana, and Gary Moore stuff. Especially Satriani considering the tremolo.

That's my suggestion, I'm not really biased towards any brand of guitars, I just happen to be a lot more knowledgeable when it comes to Ibanez, and as far as I know, the ZR bridge is one of the most advanced, if not the most advanced bridge when it comes to tremolos.

I've seen those ibanezes before, and they also look and sound very good. But Ibanez is kinda expensive, so I'm not sure if I'm getting a Quality/price relation similar to fenders or schecters. But they also seem a good choise, even though it's a cheaper ibanez, and I really want something that lasts for a long time (I'm not going to buy new guitar now and then, even though I wish I would )

I'm waiting for more answers if you could, please!
Last edited by SparkzPT at May 14, 2011,
i would personally get a fender american standard or a gibson studio, they feel so great with the fenders maple neck and the studios mello sound great for the pink floyd stuff