ok guys so i need some help from here..

9:30 am after dropping my pops off im slowing down at a yellow light when BOOM i get hit from behind and get pushed into the intersection.

Me and the kid (17 y/o) pull into a parking lot and he started telling me that well settle outside of insurance and his father is coming.. the father arrives and we begin to speak for a little.. they speak in russian, the kid enters the fathers car and drives off.. the father enters the damaged car rides around in circles for a while as im memorizing his cars details.. the father then takes off.

i call the cops, tell them what happened, give them all the info on his car, have about a 20 minute conversation with the officer about led zeppelin. the officer shares some details about the driver that he shouldnt have and i head home.

i tell my insurance company what happened (geico) and they begin to file a claim with his insurance company.

then go to see a doctor for pain in my upper/lower back, upper neck and calf muscle.. im having an attorney appointed for me on monday.

my car has side quater damage, bumper is crushed, trunk is broken and rear tire is shifted.

any advice from here ?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
oh and the father is now claiming he was the one driving the car and that i braked on purpose to get a new car....
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
oh and the father is now claiming he was the one driving the car and that i braked on purpose to get a new car....

Yea most likely the kid is not in the insurance plan. Or neither of them have insurance.
the father is insured (one of the things the officer shouldnt have shared). i doubt the kid is though.. he didnt even look old enough to drive

i gave the insurance code to geico and my claims adjuster is contacting them.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Shouldn't have let them leave until the cops got there really but it's a little late for that. Stick to your story and hope they slip up and get nailed on it, and pray the.. whoever takes your side, if you're lucky the fault will be placed on him, especially for leaving the scene but the worst that might happen will probably be a 50/50 fault. How old are you btw? since the kid's only 17 if you're older they'll probably decide in your favor, him being a new driver and all. Good luck!
im 21.. was in an accident a week ago which was my fault but it should have no bearing on this claim.

geico is stating i have zero fault so it amounts to a zero-sum game imo.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson

If you braked on purpose to get a new car, the accident would have been before the intersection.

If he was driving too fast and hit you as you were slowing for a yellow light, the accident would have been in the intersection.

You said the accident happened (ended I guess would be a better word) in the intersection, so all you'd have to do is prove this in court and that'll be that. NEXT MYSTERY.

I'm guessing you didn't take pictures or anything immediately after the accident as you said you drove into a lot, so it'll make proving that more difficult. Tire marks on the road maybe?
Quote by Shashing
Shouldn't have let them leave until the cops got there really but it's a little late for that. Stick to your story and hope they slip up and get nailed on it, and pray the.. whoever takes your side, if you're lucky the fault will be placed on him, especially for leaving the scene but the worst that might happen will probably be a 50/50 fault. How old are you btw? since the kid's only 17 if you're older they'll probably decide in your favor, him being a new driver and all. Good luck!

Yeah, I always thought it was illegal to leave the scene of an accident before police arrive? But I guess if it isn't a big accident.

Also I'm pretty sure rear enders are always 100% fault for the driver who hits you. Leave lots of space!
You got rear ended. He's 100% at fault in any case. Were there any witnesses?
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
no i didnt have my phone or Nintendo with me so no pics..

i do however have a store managers video of the father and son in the parking lot.. and a fellow i go to the gym with also happened to be there in the lot.

i have a few witnesses and i know thier car is insured but id put my money on it that the kid is not and or registered
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Last edited by seymour_jackson at May 13, 2011,
This is why i hate people, it's disgusting that they'd do this.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I think that's pretty cool how you and the officer had a nice chat about Led Zeppelin. Other then that, I really can't contribute much to this thread, since I am too young to drive.
You're completely in the clear. You have enough evidence to support you that you'll be compensated for any damages (both car and personal). They will both (father and son) be probably charged with reckless/careless driving, following too close, leaving the scene of an accident, speeding (possibly), and most likely obstruction of justice if the father tries to say that he was the one who hit you.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by seymour_jackson

i do however have a store managers video of the father and son in the parking lot.. and a fellow i go to the gym with also happened to be there in the lot.

i have a few witnesses and the car is insured but id put my money on it that the kid is not.

Its your story with evidence versus their story alone. I think you're good.
right man.. im standing there in the lot after they both just left saying to myself "did this really just happen".

unreal
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson

i have a few witnesses and the car is insured but id put my money on it that the kid is not.

You want to see if the store manager will give you a copy of the video if it shows the dad driving up after the accident. It is the other parties fault in any case since you were rear-ended, even if you braked arbitrarily. If they are arguing in court that the father is driving and you have video showing otherwise, I can't think that it is gonna hurt. I would suggest getting a lawyer just in case and then see what the insurance company says.
Let us know how this turns out.

I love it when people get nailed. Really gets me off.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Let us know how this turns out.

I love it when people get nailed. Really gets me off.

My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by L2112Lif
I always fap after Stephen Colbert's Nailed 'Em segment.

Nah, that just gives me blue balls.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
this is in the span of one day. which will end in 56 mins
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
my mother spoke to him.. after multiple attempts from the officer and I to get in touch with him telling him to come back

tomorrow im going to make a copy of the video with my flash drive and email it to myself.
&
Get Ron the 50 year old body builder as a witness.

My medical facility is appointing me an attorney.

What do I do about my car? Its f*cked up right now
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity