I prefer this program over Pro Tools, because it's much more flexible for me. Editing is easier (especially with Flex Time), automation is a much faster process, and the sheer amount of plug-ins and instrument sounds totally eclipses Pro Tools.

Does anyone else mostly use Logic Pro over Pro Tools?
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by gquady09
I prefer this program over Pro Tools, because it's much more flexible for me. Editing is easier (especially with Flex Time), automation is a much faster process

Hah. I would have said the exact opposite. Of course, that is probably because I'm more familiar with editing in PTs and dont know all the shortcuts in Logic.

I love Logic though. All my production work is done in there if I'm not tracking live instruments, but I normally send it all over to PTs for the mix.

I really just need to learn how to use Logic better so I can take advantage of all the goods.
After a semester working in Digital Performer, I actually like this more than Logic now. It's a bitch to start with, but once you get the hang of it, it handles MIDI a lot better than Logic. It has a shitty workflow though (cumbersome window sets switching and assigning and paneling). Logic is better in that respect. Haven't really used it for audio editing because I deal mostly with MIDI rendering and mock-ups.

I'm a film scoring student and DP is basically the ideal program for it. It's very easy to set and sync SMPTE times and has lots of essential tools for creating streamers and punches between audio and video. It also has chunks which allows you to set up multiple sessions within the same project, which is useful when the same track setups are used but there are many different musical segments (cues).

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm with you, I own both and take college courses in both but Logic is still may favorite. Easier (doesn't always mean inferior), less freaking windows to deal with, though about the plug-ins, just like most programs, maybe it doesn't come with a lot, but once you start adding the Waves packages and all that jazz, it could have just as many as Logic. Also it's midi editor is extremely powerful. more then any other program I've ever worked with ( I've never used digital performer, though I find it hard to imagine a midi editor more powerful then Logic, so if this is true, cudos to DP)
I go to a recording arts school in the Twin Cities, and here, you can get professionally certified in either Logic Pro or Pro Tools if you desire. I went the Logic Pro route, and the guy I had teaching me is ridiculously skilled with the program. I love it.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

Quote by gquady09
I go to a recording arts school in the Twin Cities, and here, you can get professionally certified in either Logic Pro or Pro Tools if you desire. I went the Logic Pro route, and the guy I had teaching me is ridiculously skilled with the program. I love it.

I do all my work in Logic 9 express. What school do you attend? I've come quite a ways being self taught and using tuts I've found online. I know there is more to the program than what I've explored though.
I go to The Institute Of Production and Recording, or IPR for short.

Here is their website

Quote by sar8777
Also it's midi editor is extremely powerful. more then any other program I've ever worked with ( I've never used digital performer, though I find it hard to imagine a midi editor more powerful then Logic, so if this is true, cudos to DP)

I've found DP's MIDI editor to be even better than Logic's. It has manipulation and drawing tools that are better than Logic's. The way it handles data viewing is also better, but a bit tricky at first.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I personally prefer Pro Tools for recording and mixing. When it comes to MIDI though, Logic is easily the better of the two (that I'm familiar with). I actually go to school for Audio Engineering and just got certified in Level 1 and Level 2 for Logic Pro 9. I still prefer Pro Tools though and will be taking the Pro Tools class in about 10 weeks.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro