The Bill Lawrence pickup brand name was sold a while back, after a while Bill created another pickup business.

The originals were under the Bill Lawrence brand, but the guy that created the pickup is with Wylde pickups. I have the Bill Lawrence, you won't be disappointed, I would like to try the Wylde one though.
I don't know which those ones are, but Dime got them from StewMac like you said, meaning they were Bill Lawrence USA, not Bill & Becky.
Quote by littlephil
I don't know which those ones are, but Dime got them from StewMac like you said, meaning they were Bill Lawrence USA, not Bill & Becky.

ok so dimes werent from the actual bill, so dimes was made by Jzchak Wajcman?

"Jzchak Wajcman is the sole owner of the Bill Lawrence trademark registered in California in class 9 for electric guitar pickups and in class 15 for guitars.

Disclaimer: Jzchak Wajcman dba Bill Lawrence Products/Bill Lawrence Guitar Pickups/Bill Lawrence USA is not associated with the designer Bill Lawrence since 1984."

according to http://gearhounds.com/billlawrencel-500xlelectricguitarbridgepickupblack.aspx

so r those^^^ the ones dime used or is it

these
http://www.billlawrenceonlinestore.com/

i know of the cfh guitar they didnt say bill lawrence usa. i just dont wanna get ripped off

and could the ones from actual bill n becky be better or r the Jzchak Wajcman's better
Quote by blandguitar
The Bill Lawrence pickup brand name was sold a while back, after a while Bill created another pickup business.

The originals were under the Bill Lawrence brand, but the guy that created the pickup is with Wylde pickups. I have the Bill Lawrence, you won't be disappointed, I would like to try the Wylde one though.

where did you get yours?
Quote by blandguitar
Yes it does.

ok just a couple more q's. can u get a good metallica sound with it?

does it fit in a regular humbucker slot? (i assume it does)

does it get great pinch harmonics?

is there buzz or a lot extra noise?
Quote by littlephil

This is exactly right... The old Arlington clinic video confirms this. Willi Lorenz Stitch/Bill Lawrence hard-headedly claims that Dime used his pickups, but at the same time insists that his were never sold via StewMac, which is quite counter-productive to his case.
Quote by Pikka Bird
This is exactly right... The old Arlington clinic video confirms this. Willi Lorenz Stitch/Bill Lawrence hard-headedly claims that Dime used his pickups, but at the same time insists that his were never sold via StewMac, which is quite counter-productive to his case.

yeah lol. he did kinda use his pickups in an indirect way. the design between BL USA and the Bill and Becky pickup are practically the same design with a small differences maybe. good advertising for bill tho.
I've played metallica with it, it has a slight midpeak, so you've got to account for that. But played through the stuff, you'll get some good tones.

I fit mine right in, even flipped it around like Dime.

I don't really do pinch harmonics, but it does natural harmonics like a sonofagun.

No real extra noise that I've noticed.
Quote by blandguitar
I've played metallica with it, it has a slight midpeak, so you've got to account for that. But played through the stuff, you'll get some good tones.

I don't really do pinch harmonics, but it does natural harmonics like a sonofagun.

that seals the deal, i already found some on ebay, thanks bro
Quote by blandguitar

what does flipping it do to the tone
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone no the comparison of these to the Dimebag signature pickup that Duncan makes? I got the Duncan from a friend of mine but before I wire it up I wanted to get some thoughts.

Also, does the 500 do cleans well?
I heard the Duncan one sucks. I like my 500XL for cleans, but I like a little 'verb or chorus when I play clean to thicken it up. You've gotta dial down the tone knob a little to mellow out the highs when doing chords, depends on the tone you want when playing the chord.
Quote by blandguitar
I heard the Duncan one sucks. I like my 500XL for cleans, but I like a little 'verb or chorus when I play clean to thicken it up. You've gotta dial down the tone knob a little to mellow out the highs when doing chords, depends on the tone you want when playing the chord.

yeah the duncan i heard isnt that great either. way over priced too but since he got it from a friend then go ahead and try it.