Yo Pit. Like some (a lot? most?) of you, I drink a lot of beer, smoke a lot of weed, stoag hard, and drink a good amount of coffee on the reg. These are just parts of everyday life to a lot of us. I don't take harder drugs or pills and shit, so I'm cool off that anyway. Last Sunday, I decided that I would go clean for a full week, supplying my body with nothing more than food and water (and tea, duh. I do have a mad cold). I've also been eating really well, mostly fruits and vegetables. After just four days of going clean, I ate a slice of pizza last night and felt like shit, something that would never happen otherwise.

It's a pretty distinct difference you will notice in your body. Try it for a week, treat your body well, and see how your body treats you back. My week ends Sunday, and I don't miss any of the substances I normally indulge in. It's a good way to take a step back and think about the level of moderation you like in your life.

Maybe sticky this if you guys wanna try it as a Pit and talk about it. That could be cool.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
well it hasnt been for a week but have stopped smoking weed for about 5 or 6 months and i have been felling great. the smell of it makes me feel sick now where as it was like the smell of candy to me.
that first week i was a bit cranky but i soon learned that i can get similar feeling to it through other ways, positive ways
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Hmm, I might try that. I'll be drinking like a champ this week, but maybe next.

I've completely gone off of weed after seeing a few mates of mine stoned off of their tits the other week.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Hmm, I might try that. I'll be drinking like a champ this week, but maybe next.

I've completely gone off of weed after seeing a few mates of mine stoned off of their tits the other week.

its a pretty strong motivator seeing other people ruin themselves
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Artema

Absolutely It was a massive party and they (including host) were in a group of about 5 the whole night just acting like total jackasses, completely put me off of it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
drinking results in way more jackassery than weed...

i did like, a 2-3 week break from weed and booze (also quit drinking coffee daily earlier), it actually does make you feel kind of good. It's not nearly as hard as you would think- pot isnt addictive at all so i prety much forgot about it after the second or third day, and drinkings never been necesary to me unless there's just bitches ERRYWHERE

in fact, after i smoke this joint im quitting till after exams for real
Coming from a guy who spent more than two grand on pot alone in the last 4 months, it's not only a financially viable decision to spend more time sober, but it is healthier. Not to say that I don't love smoking weed, because I do. But every little thing adds up. That third beer does. The second stoag does. The second cup of coffee does. I'm not encouraging giving up these things, obviously, but at least for myself, taking a week off from EVERYTHING proved a good lesson in exactly how much of each I want in my life, at least for the time being.

I'm off to sleep, but keep the thoughts flowin.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I am generally quite healthy, I exercise daily and eat well but I smoke. I used to drink quite often but since I started exercising daily about 2 months ago I find even one or two beers has a serious effect on my mood. I'm cutting down on cigarettes and I think (as of today) I'm going to steer clear of the booze.
I will continue smoking grass and experimenting with "harder" drugs as I don't feel they have such an impact on my mood and body when used in a responsible way though, in fact I think the biggest negative effects I've had from such drugs have all stemmed from a disturbed sleep cycle and not much more.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I did notice I started smoking more lately (around 3-5 a day, instead of 1-2), but I don't think I'm really addicted, as I can, and have stopped for periods of several days or even a week with no side effects. I just don't feel like it.

Also, my parents push me into smoking and drinking more coffee than I would have likely done, as my father brews me a pot every morning I have to get up early and we go outside to drink and smoke together.

I do drink too much, but I don't know if I could quit, because I feel it helps me manage my life and depression, and I drink mostly with friends (I might be addicted).

I hardly smoke weed or anything else, so that's not a problem, but I do take pills (prescription pills, I'm not sure if that's what you meant), and I can't manage without them.

All in all, I don't think I'd manage a week without all these things.
Last edited by jimmyled at May 14, 2011,
I should really cut down on the amount of junk food I eat but it's so tasty
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Gave up drinking and smoking after the new years. Haven't smoked weed since last summer. All in all, it does feel a whole lot better. Not to say I don't miss it or get the temptation. Waking up over a few weeks of the weather just getting hotter and more summery, just makes me want to go and lie out on some grass with a J, but I know if I do that I'll only convince myself to have one more..and one more etc etc. It's best to stay off.
No doubt many are like me, and reading this high.

Still, it is nice to take a step back and think about it.

I hardly ever drink anymore, makes too many people too angry over nothing and ruins the whole night about something stupid. Even your best friends can get moody when drinking, and some of the pretty annoying people become the best ones to chill with while drinking, because they keep their cool.

I only smoke weed right now, nothing else, I only do it maybe once a month or maybe twice average. I've just been smoking up the past 5 days/nights because it's the end of my school year of grade 12, and want to finish on a high note.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Well.. it looks like i have a Substance Abuse Negation Life.

No way i'm gonna start drinking again.
Kombat Gear:

It seems like this thread among other things in my life have finally given me the push I need. Hopefully today will be the last day that I smoke a cigarette for a long time, sound lads.

I will probably still smoke tobacco with cannabis which is going to make it hard but I've recently figured out that you can learn balance and co-ordination so perhaps I can learn some willpower too.
          Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
          Balls to that, I've made nearly 50 litres of beer this week already and intend to make another 20 on Monday.
          The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
          I want to look at your sexual naked body.
          **** this, I got drunk for the first time in ages last night and it was awesome.
          ...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
          Quote by true_bacon22
          I asked my Marijuana habit and he said no, sorry

fixed
          Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
          I too stopped doing weed and E last year, though I was never a mass consumer of either. I would never give up drinking though, but I have cut down a lot.
          Good idea.

I'm not a heavy drinker or smoker. I don't drink much coffee at all, but I do drink more soft drink than I should. Also I eat way too much fast food. Starting tomorrow/today (Sunday), I'm not going to drink alcohol, soft drinks or coffee; smoke or eat fast food for a month. If it all goes well, I think I'll go for a three month stint.
          I've only smoked weed once and i rarely drink alcohol, don't drink coffe at all.

I feel like i don't belong in the pit.
          Last edited by ninnipinni93 at May 14, 2011,
          I am going to follow your schedule of sleep and good food for two weeks since I need to be fit for my exams, but I will drink my ass off this planet the minute I am done with it.
          I quit smoking weed and drinking forever 2 weeks ago, feels pretty great, not to mention all the money I'm saving.
          it makes me feel no different when i haven't smoked or drank for a week.
          I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
          I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
          That's funny, I've been working on weening myself away from alcohol this past week (or at least compared to 5-7 nights a week). And I've become "addicted" to Monsters since I quit cigarettes several weeks ago...

...but I did just make a nice pickup of some dark green bomb. I'm going to keep smoking weed, but also pick up cardio again on the 3 days a week I don't go to gym and cut out the junk/beer/caffeine, remember to take vitamins and fish oil, eat better, etc. This thread is a good idea
          [quote="'-[NiL"]-']

Abuse is not at all the correct word. Obviously the intended purpose for those substances is to be consumed in a responsible manner... unless you're an alcoholic, you weren't abusing alcohol. Unless you were buying caffeine pills and doing lines of them, you weren't abusing caffeine. etc. And honestly, I feel like the change in diet, along with placebo, affected the way you feel more than minimal weed, caffeine, alcohol usage. Also, tea has caffeine in it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Usually the only time I drink is at parties, which happen maybe once or twice every couple months, so this shouldn't be too hard for me
          Quote by Artema

I agree with this. Having spent most of my formative years in an environment where this happened A LOT, I've never really had an interest in drinking or doing drugs.

But on topic, I used to be addicted to caffeine. Not so bad, you might say. But I used to have to get up every morning, grab my skateboard, and head out to the store for at least a Mountain Dew every single day or else I'd feel like shit. Hating coffee really made it more difficult than it had to be. That was last summer. Once I got to college, I didn't have the funds to supply my addiction, so I was forced to quit. It sucked ass for about a week. I was tired every day. I don't even want to know what heroin withdrawals would be like. But then I got used to it, and I'm not addicted. I still drink caffeinated stuff, but not habitually. It does feel better.