It's hard to describe the technique, you just need to "push" harder. I try to use more of my throat when I'm going for a sound like that. Lots of Metallica stuff is like that (at least the old school stuff, haven't paid attention to the new). Anyway it's like picking a note harder, just more attack but same note.
Quote by Necronomicon
It's hard to describe the technique, you just need to "push" harder. I try to use more of my throat when I'm going for a sound like that. Lots of Metallica stuff is like that (at least the old school stuff, haven't paid attention to the new). Anyway it's like picking a note harder, just more attack but same note.

I found a way for it but I don't know if it works properly because I'm not an advance singer.
But I let the air grind against my throat.
Quote by merriman44
Both of you are text book of what not to do. Don't use your throat unless you don't care about your voice. Use this instead:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329409

dude say what you want, this is what works for us. If there's some super technique for this that's great but if I'm getting the sound I want doing it the way I want, guess what I'll continue doing.