So I was watching Conan the other day and I started feeling bad for Andy Richter, his so-called sidekick.
If youve watched the show, you probably noticed he just sits there, kinda tilted towards the guest and Conan while they talk..
I mean, the guy is seriously funny, he has his one liners every now and then that can knock you off your chair, but most of the time he just looks pathetic and all...Like waiting for something to happen and just sitting there..I feel bad for him.

Thoughts?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I thought you were in the army
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Haha I used to be a soldier in the CF..
Anyway do you really find Conan funny? I can't watch his show, his stuff just seems so terrible compared to John Stewart and Colbert who are right before him. It's like when he tells a joke the audience has to take a second before they realize they're supposed to laugh
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
I am, buy I get out on weekends

Sweet
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Sweet

Hellz yes

Also, I find Conan hilarious ! Buy I could see how some people dont like him..Its kind of a hit or miss.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I've never felt that way with Andy, suppose he does get in a awkward position with guests on the couch. But he also gets time in with segments.

I prefer having Andy who's a funny sidekick then a musician/sidekick who ain't. Like you see on other talk shows
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
I've never felt that way with Andy, suppose he does get in a awkward position with guests on the couch. But he also gets time in with segments.

I prefer having Andy who's a funny sidekick then a musician/sidekick who ain't. Like you see on other talk shows

I guess..with the exception of Paul Shaffer. That guy was dynamite with Letterman.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
So I was watching Conan the other day and I started feeling bad for Andy Richter, his so-called sidekick.
If youve watched the show, you probably noticed he just sits there, kinda tilted towards the guest and Conan while they talk..
I mean, the guy is seriously funny, he has his one liners every now and then that can knock you off your chair, but most of the time he just looks pathetic and all...Like waiting for something to happen and just sitting there..I feel bad for him.

Thoughts?

I never watch the show, but a thought occurs, could it be possible that the reason many of his one-liners occasionaly knock you off your chair be because he normaly just looks there looking pathetic?

After all, if he was cracking gags every other minute, and if people had grown accustomed to him cracking gags all the time, would any of those gaga be as effective as just one unexpected one-liner?

In comedy, sometimes, 'less' can be 'more'.
Conan is a funny writer. His delivery is awful, that why I don't find him funny. The stuff he did for SNL and the Simpsons was great. Because he was the one doing it.

Delivery is the most important thing. Good comedians can take an old joke that you've heard a million times before and still crack you up with it.

Sorry, end of rant: Andy's got a pretty sweet gig. He gets paid quite well to sit there and do nothing.. Nice work if you can get it.
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
I am, buy I get out on weekends

...What if someone attacks on your days off?!

Frankly, as a janitor, I can relate. On my days off, someone else cleans up the mess. As a janitor, I don't have any of those, "fancy guns" or "team members" as a matter of fact, I don't even work out.

I do train, however. Constantly. I remember a time about 3 months ago, when there was a massive spill of motor oil, don't worry about it, I just cleaned it up. It stained the floor, but I cleared the area of people, set up my wet floor sign, and mopped. Once most of it was gone?

I used my floor zamboni. Took me a good 15 minutes and you know what? I was better for it.

Just keep it in mind is all I'm saying.

Also, I've never seen Conan, but I can imagine it's interesting.

Also, I just realized this is NOT about Conan: The Barbarian
Last edited by severed-metal at May 14, 2011,
Quote by severed-metal
Also, I just realized this is NOT about Conan: The Barbarian

IT's NOT ABOUT BEING A JANITOR EITHER.

Holy hell.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
^^Thats why theres always one platoon(atleast) from each unit that stays in their base all through the weekend.

Also, I applaude you for describing the work of a janitor as fascinating as you just did

Edit: This thread is about janitors now.

Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at May 14, 2011,
Andy's there because he was a guest on the last episodes of Conan before it was cancelled and he said if he gets a new show he would be his sidekick

Anyway, I pretty much disagree with everything stated in this thread. Conan's delivery is what makes him funny, and Andy is most excellent, and the awkardness is intended and comical.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I think Andy sitting next to him was just one more of those things he did after leaving NBC like growing a beard. But I agree with you, it doesn't work,
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"