If i have an A blues scale and an E blues scale and i want to walk from one to another while playing, would:

Playing over one scale, playing, playing, finding overlaping notes with the other scale, playing those notes and then continuing with the notes of the second scale

Be a legit way ?
I am not a pro. But I think it depends on the chord progression, whether it souds good or not.
But if you're just playing for yourself without a backing track it should be a legit way. Just be sure to find the RIGHT overlaping notes.
Hope I helped you
Last edited by BSPDelta09 at May 14, 2011,
What is it you're creating? A solo? A fill? An exercise?

If you're trying to create a solo, step back and look at the chords you're playing over. Now you can think of those notes in terms of what they are in A and what they are in E. A transition note that's not in A but is in E can have a nice feeling of resolution. (Google "target notes") Here's a concept that gets lost sometimes: are you playing scales or are you playing musical phrases? Assuming/hoping the latter, just change it when leaving one phrase and starting the next.

Feel free to toss in some more context.
Jost a melody with no backing chords, is that method i have good without getting the 'eww whats that note(the notes of the second scale after the overlaping ones) sudenly doing there' feel
In that case it's all theoretical - you can't even say whether or not those specific scales will exist without an established harmony.

There's no point thinking about this unless it's happening in some kind of context.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com