Hey guys,

my friend here wanted me to ask you for the top 5 tube amps under $1000

We're in the same band. And we mostly play: Foo Fighters, Greenday, SOAD and Metallica and some other stuff but mostly that.

It HAS to be tube. He's been looking at Vox mainly

He wants good cleans, he doesn't want a one trick pony like the Orange Terrors that only do good distortions.

Thanks!

PD: Before you go: "why do people always ask for their friends?" or "yeeeaaaah right. a friend?" I bout my Vypyr last december. So why would I need another amp?
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
we're in Venezuela but it doesn't matter, we can buy it and bring it here
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Get an Engl
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
no, we aren't gigging. And it would help him more if you guys would post amp models instead of just brands.
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
Provided you can find one, a Marshall JCM800 Combo. He could also take the JCM900 combo, I occasionally see one or both on Ebay going for under $1000.
Quote by Dan_5893
Look into the new Vox Night Train 50, it does everything well, has really nice cleans, great crunch, and will have enough gain to do the SOAD and Greenday stuff you play

This guys face at 1:50 and onwards is enough to put me off that amp for 35 lifetimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqCOPL2_GU

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
Oh for sure. I played my friend's AC30 and it had such a sweet jangly tone. Beauty.

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
I think a digital modeler like a POD HD is going to out-perform any low to mid grade amp setup in the long run. For $500 bucks, you get access to a bunch of high-gain amps and that sound pretty damn good and you have access to some pretty amazing cleans. Why settle on a sub-par tube amp for twice the cost..