Quote by mcamp1230
the loud screeches is your playing

I have a Fender Deluxe amp and the overdrive is only on setting 2 where its barely noticeable.
i'm not a great guitarist but the screeches are so loud whenever my amp overdrive is on, am i meant to take my fingers off the strings when moving around all the time then? makes it harder for me
Last edited by marklcfc at May 14, 2011,
Quote by marklcfc
I have a Fender Deluxe amp and the overdrive is only on setting 2 where its barely noticeable.
i'm not a great guitarist but the screeches are so loud whenever my amp overdrive is on, am i meant to take my fingers off the strings when moving around all the time then? makes it harder for me

Makes it harder, but it sounds better, yes.
Quote by marklcfc
am i meant to take my fingers off the strings when moving around all the time then? makes it harder for me

YES!!! Abso-fugging-lutely!!! Now go practice..

But seriously...you have a noise gate on that amp? No? Maybe try adding a noise suppressor to help get rid of the string noise. Works for me.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
YES!!! Abso-fugging-lutely!!! Now go practice..

But seriously...you have a noise gate on that amp? No? Maybe try adding a noise suppressor to help get rid of the string noise. Works for me.

I have the keeley compresser.. not sure how to work it though I just switch it on
Quote by marklcfc
I have the keeley compresser.. not sure how to work it though I just switch it on

Ummmm, that's not a noise suppressor/noise gate. That's a pedal that compresses sound. Good for keeping notes short, all the same length, etc. And for FX.

What you need is a noise suppressor, like a Boss NS-2, or the like.
Oh, something I forgot too.. You can use string treatments like "Fast Fret", Dunlop System 65, etc. those make the strings a little bit slicker, help with tone a bit, and reduces that string slide noise a bit too (use a slide?), as well as making strings last a bit longer.
Also, careful with compressors. You might want to check the settings on that, that might be what is making the screeching noises louder, since it compresses the volume of all the sounds it gets. If that makes sense. It tries to make that screeching noise as loud as a picked note.