1                   2                       3             4   
Bass  : x - - -            - - - -                   x - - -      - - - - 
Hi Hat: x x x x (x)??  - x - x(x)??          x x x x     x - x - (x x)??
Snare: - - x -            x - x -                   - - x -     - x - x 

This is a riff, beat, rhythm whatever you'd like to call it I just composed. Ofcourse I don't have a hi-hat nor a snare nor a drum kit I'm just using my pillow to simulate a snare and the bed's edge to simulate a hi hat (it's made off metal so it actually sounds like a crappy hi-hat), and the floor to simulate the bass (which is breaking my heel lol).

The (x )?? part is a hit which I make faster to get in time with the metronome.

If necessary I'll upload a recording so you can understand what I'm playing, since I can figure this isn't real drum tab...
I'd like someone to play this and upload it so I can see how it sounds on an actual drum kit, if it's not much to ask.

Edit: ARRRGH DAMN YOU UG. Well, when you quote this I think you can see the thing above properly spaced... Try that to see it organized.

Edit: This is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFuSNYeRZgM&feature=channel_video_title
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy
To get me through the day

LONG LIVE DREAM
Last edited by EriX29 at May 14, 2011,
This is basically what you came up with (hopefully it formats right):

Hh|x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---|
SD|---------o---------o---o------------------o---------o---o----------|
BD|o----------------------------------o---------------------------------|

And when you're tabbing drum stuff, use "o" for the bass drum and the snare drum and the toms, and use "x" or "X" for the cymbals.

But yeah, this isn't a new drum beat... this is like the most basic beat I've ever seen.

EDIT: Yeah the formatting on this is a little screwed up, but you get the idea.
Quote by Zach101
This is basically what you came up with (hopefully it formats right):

Hh|x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---|
SD|---------o---------o---o------------------o---------o---o----------|
BD|o----------------------------------o---------------------------------|

And when you're tabbing drum stuff, use "o" for the bass drum and the snare drum and the toms, and use "x" or "X" for the cymbals.

But yeah, this isn't a new drum beat... this is like the most basic beat I've ever seen.

EDIT: Yeah the formatting on this is a little screwed up, but you get the idea.

Well I started 4 days ago XD, so practicing the basic rock beat and some rudiments I just started fooling around and came up with it, thought it to be pretty cool. I'm not sure if that's what I meant I'll record it later and upload it so you can see what I mean.
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy

LONG LIVE DREAM
Well I'll congratulate ya...sure it's nothing new or groundbreaking, but for just starting, at least your trying to think up some new stuff. Sometimes even the most simple beat can sound cool, played right in the right situation.
Hahah I just came back from work, thanks man. And yeah I agree... Back in Black's intro sounds just awesome and it's really basic...

By the way I uploaded the video it's up there at OP, if anyone wishes to see/ hear what I mean.
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy

LONG LIVE DREAM
Not a new beat, mate...BUT... congrats on learning it.

We all started by making small steps, and I remember how stoked I was to learn my first beat.

Nice going, TS!
RIP Tom Searle.
Hahah thanks MH400, I was just happy about the fact that I came up with it without hearing it/ seeing it anywhere else first. Whether it existed or not, I still thought of it which just makes me happy XD.
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy

LONG LIVE DREAM