I do have a little oddity that I have just found out. And I'm wondering if I'm messing this up somehow.

So I called my boss telling him that he can't book me for work tomorrow because I can't work on sundays anymore (because of my new other job) because of extra summer courses I'm taking. And that I posted my new availability more than a week ago for him to see. He booked me anyways as if it had gone unnoticed. He then tells me that according to our collective agreement (which has been subject to gross neglect in the past by various higher-ups in our store) it says we can only change our availability every 2400 hours.

So I'm thinking... Let's say I was working fulltime there instead of part time, I'd be getting 40 hrs a week. And I need to achieve 2400 (from the date of my last availability posting). I did 2400 divided by 40 which equals 60. That means I would need to work the equivalent of 60 full time weeks (more than an entire year) to have a chance to change my availability? I'm having trouble believing this which is why I'm questioning my piss poor math logic skills. Someone please correct me?

I'm almost certain I'm ****ing this up somehow. But if it is right, how is it even remotely logical to put something like that in our collective agreement? That is of course, if he's telling me the truth (I have yet to look this up in our little red book), because our management also has a history of telling complete bullshit to us about our collective agreement (even though most of them aren't actually unionized at all!!!) and are used to high school kids saying ok fine and staying dazed and confused by lawer's terms.
I call bullshit on your boss's part!
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
ask him to buy you some lipstick so you can at least look pretty while he...

Yeah. I think I might as well....

That's basically the story of where I work. Just one massive shaftfest.
Quote by shadow_murph
I call bullshit on your boss's part!

It's what I'm thinking. And I'm going to check anyways, but the thing is I have to be sure because he was a union officer for 13 years.
Its right

Also **** what that guy says, all you need to do is hint to the fact that you think hes lying and your considering legal action and I guarantee he'll give you sundays off, just make sure not to be too blunt or it could be considered insubordination and you could get fired.

Btw what in the hell kind of company do you work at? Union job or what?
Are you sure he doesn't mean 2400 hours of realtime? Either way, that is 14+ weeks. Your boss is an idiot. 2 weeks notice is the standard for changing your schedule/asking for time off/quitting in a low-level job.
Quote by sar8777
Its right

Also **** what that guy says, all you need to do is hint to the fact that you think hes lying and your considering legal action and I guarantee he'll give you sundays off, just make sure not to be too blunt or it could be considered insubordination and you could get fired.

Btw what in the hell kind of company do you work at? Union job or what?

NoFrills, a subsidiary of Loblaws. It's **** all I know, but I've been there for so long, I know how it all works to my job is that much easier and I just hate going to look for a new job and starting over again. Plus I prefer the extra source of income.

I think I'm gonna call my union rep. And he's told me before that they hate each other from previous work experiences. This should be interesting.
Quote by bnull24
Are you sure he doesn't mean 2400 hours of realtime? Either way, that is 14+ weeks. Your boss is an idiot. 2 weeks notice is the standard for changing your schedule/asking for time off/quitting in a low-level job.

What do you mean realtime?

He's an idiot. But he's also quite smart in some areas (besides the fact that he told me he went to Sarnia (which is in southern ontario, nowhere near manitoba) and said it was it was right next to manitoba, which according to him was right beside alberta where he claimed to have passed through all the while realistically staying around Sarnia) like his union stuff and all that jazz. But yeah I think he might be jacking me around, I have a feeling it's not going to make a difference to him if I know it. I'm gonna have to look up on this one party consent stuff.
Quote by metalblaster
What do you mean realtime?

He's an idiot. But he's also quite smart in some areas (besides the fact that he told me he went to Sarnia (which is in southern ontario, nowhere near manitoba) and said it was it was right next to manitoba, which according to him was right beside alberta where he claimed to have passed through all the while realistically staying around Sarnia) like his union stuff and all that jazz. But yeah I think he might be jacking me around, I have a feeling it's not going to make a difference to him if I know it. I'm gonna have to look up on this one party consent stuff.

By realtime, I mean time when you are and aren't working. (A continuous 2400 hours). Like I said though, either way that's still way too long.
Quote by bnull24
By realtime, I mean time when you are and aren't working. (A continuous 2400 hours). Like I said though, either way that's still way too long.

No he's definitely referring to work hours. Yeah, I agree though it's ridiculous. See I knew something smelled rotten.....