Nothing there that you can achieve with technique, that's all studio work done to make it sound that way. I don't know how you'd do it in the studio but it's not something that's going on with the guitarist and their guitar, I'm sure of it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
it's just a very fast picked guitar with eq' and maybe some kind of hp/bp filter
I think heavy palm muting with a high pass filter..
It sounds a lot like what happens if you "palm mute" in Guitar Pro 5 with the RST instruments.
You could pull it off without processing if you REALLY wanted too.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
So what would be the best way to practice palm muting like that? And is it palm mutes where you mute at the bridge, or mutes where you barely lift your finger off the string and keep playing?
Its palm mute where you use you mute at the bridge, using your palm, thus "palm" muting. You'd get the feel of it by palm muting, but the exact sound seems to have been accomplished with studio gear like filters, compressor and stuff. Actually it kinda sounds to me like it was recorded slowly and sped up. Its one way to get the rapid fire sound.

EDIT: Practise by building up the speed of your right wrist playing down-strokes while palm-muting. Play at a speed you can manage with a metronome and build up slowly over a month or two. There is no point trying to play faster than your wrist will go. Straining won't help, you won't improve that way.

Then try lifting your palm from the strings to hit the accented notes, and quickly putting it back down for the next beat (think Basket Case by Green Day)
Last edited by Icarus Lives at May 14, 2011,