Hello all,

Little bit stuck between two Fender Telecasters and the only experience I've had with them is a few minutes in a shop so a little advice on them would be hugely appreciated!

Currently using a Mustang III amp and I am wanting to be as versatile as possible with styles of music because you never know when a new band/project is coming along, I'm a little torn between the '72 classic custom and the '72 classic deluxe. Somebody mentioned the Blacktop model to me but I haven't been able to have a go on it. I want something that could give me mainly things between Feeder (older Feeder that is), John Spencer's Blues Explosion and Soundgarden.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
personally, i'd go for the classic deluxe.

but you need to spend more time with them in the shop and make your mind up for you which one plays and feels the best.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
personally, i'd go for the classic deluxe.

but you need to spend more time with them in the shop and make your mind up for you which one plays and feels the best.

Thanks. They were pretty similar to be honest in terms of feel.

Only problem is the guy in my local guitar shop is the scariest man on the face of the Earth so you feel like he's timing you!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
had that problem before, i counter it by just facing the other way and losing myself in playing the guitar.
i'd go for what you find is the better of the two, people on here can give you specs and opinions all day long but only you can really decide.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I bought a blacktop tele a few days ago and it plays amaaaazing, so I would go for the deluxe if I was you (I would of, but my budget was a bit low). But try out the blacktop first and see if you like it, could save you a few hundred bro.