Engl Powerball makes these little popping noises, like somethings loose if i put it on high gain and turn up the master volume. is this normal?
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Could be a bad cable or input jack on the amp. The output jack on your guitar could be faulty. Can't be the fuse or else the amp wouldn't turn on. My guess, and this is by no means from someone who is extremely knowledgeable, is that you have a powertube gone/going. Take a look at the tubes. They glowing properly? Anything different from one to the other that stands out. Discolorations?
Quote by vivalaheerey
Engl Powerball makes these little popping noises, like somethings loose if i put it on high gain and turn up the master volume. is this normal?

Oh and no this is not normal.
If you rule out the input jacks, you've probably got a tube going out.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Its a gibson les paul, it works fine with my practice amp. could be the cable, i'll give it a test when i get back. its hard ot see the tubes as the powerball lights them up red, but when i turn it off the tubes are still glow for a few seconds before cooling. is it expensive to repair is the power tube is faulty?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
the popping isn't loud, and its when i stop [playing its audiable. it happens every now and again, and its defo not signal interference due to phones etc
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Could be a preamp tube going bad or a tube socket not making good a connection at one or more pins. With the amp on, gently wiggle each preamp tube and see if that makes the popping sound happen. The tube's pin or the socket could just be dirty, and moving it around a bit will fix it, or the socket could have lost some tension.

If it sounds like frying bacon, as apposed to an occasional pop, it could be a resistor.
Bruce Clement
BC Audio Hand Crafted Performance