Right i have decided that i would like a tokai les paul to replace my ibanez artcore, trouble is i know the mij ones r better but there are also korean and chinese made ones. Iv heard that the build quiality is best on the Japanese ones but not sure about the chinese and korean built ones.

I went to the guitar shop today and tied the mex strat the guy was gonna trade it for my guitar and me to pay £200 i thought that was a bit steep the guitar was marked up at £571. Also tried a vintage les paul v100 i think it was, was really nice and i like the extra weight it had compared to the strat, that was also marked up high at £425.

Are there any other similar guitars i should look out for within the les paul range. My budget will be around £400.

Fanks!
vintage les pauls are very good indeed, maybe look at Agile aswell
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
vintage les pauls are very good indeed, maybe look at Agile aswell

Ok thanks mate, ill check them out.
there do look nice but r they hard to come across as i cant find any stockists in the uk?
no agile stockists in the UK- you have to import.

Don't see the point myself, once you pay postage and VAT/customs, you've eroded most of the savings that made them a good idea in the first place.

Those are crazy high prices for a vintage. A vintage LP should be around £200.

The MIJ tokais are a lot better. If you can stretch at all, without getting into financial difficulty, do it. ls80 is the cheapest MIJ LP standard copy, I think, it's around ~£600 or so at street prices (not in your local guitar shop's street, probably be about £1500 there ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol yeah probably or more. Right £600 thats a bit more than i thought maybe il get a vintage, has anyone heard of greco cuz theres one on ebay atm that looks nice its MIJ 1978.
yeah i've heard of greco but i haven't tried them. they're meant to be nice too. only problem with older guitars is they mightn't be in as good nice, or might need a refret. no point in saving £100 if it needs a refret, lol. Obviously if it doesn't need a refret and it's in good nick it might be worth it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah it's a little more than the vintage but it will most probably hold it's value a bit more although u won't loose much from a £200 guitar.
I know Rich Tone Music sell MIJ Tokai's starting from around £700 (?) but the MIC Tokai's are good, I've got one and it's been my main guitar for 5 years. You could have a look at ESP Edwards Les Pauls.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Ah nice it's good to hear the Chinese ones r good too. How would they compare to the vintage v100s I'm torn between them and the tokai the Edwards are a bit out of my price range.
Quote by bennyboi04
Ah nice it's good to hear the Chinese ones r good too. How would they compare to the vintage v100s I'm torn between them and the tokai the Edwards are a bit out of my price range.

I've played a V100 they are nice guitars and have a good feel but I don't they're a patch on Tokai since I've played Gibsons before a I think they feel and sound better. Though I paid £400 for my Tokai so it's a higher end Chinese model since they vary in woods but I also used to own a £200 Korean Tokai and that was really nice to!
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!