I recently bought a MIM Strat which is my first guitar with a tremolo. I have no idea how to transport the tremolo arm. It won't fit in the soft case so i take it out. If I place it in another compartment, will the lubricant come off?

If so, then how to transport it?
just unscrew it and keep it either in a pocket in your case or in your pocket or something.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
There's lubricant involved? Didn't know that. But I do what Dempsey68 does and unscrew the tremolo arm and carry it in my pocket.
Lubricant? Are you sure you don't mean your third arm, and not your tremolo arm?
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Lubricant? Are you sure you don't mean your third arm, and not your tremolo arm?

Lol'ed out loud

I'd just take it off and place it in the pocket of the case.
1. Unscrew arm

2. Unzip gigbag front pocket ( if applicable )

3. Place arm in pocket for safe transportation
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
chartered learjet?

yeah just take it out and put it in the gigbag's pocket or something like that. Or your own pocket. not somebody else's though. that can get you arrested.

^ you'll look a bit silly putting your arm in a gigbag...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, thanks.

I'm sure there's lubricant on the screw part though......
Quote by Fricken Hamster
Lol'ed out loud

I'd just take it off and place it in the pocket of the case.

So basically, "laughed out loud... out loud?"

*puts in sig*
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
theres more lube inside that hole anyway, that how it got on your trem arm. Don't worry.
Quote by Output
So basically, "laughed out loud... out loud?"

*puts in sig*

was gonna make this epic comment but you beat me sir, kudos.
just keep it secure in your hand! seriously no trouble could be expected in how to transport a tremolo arm? also a tremolo arm is no rocket-science. the oily kinda stuff you mean is probably just from factory/shop polishing.
Quote by Woffelz
Remove it and hold it like a man.

Hmm.... Of course your idea is alot more practical than everyone elses. At least I can carry it with pride