Poll: Do you like listening to Soundtracks?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like listening to Soundtracks?
I do
81 70%
I do not
10 9%
I don't really mind
16 14%
Zero Hartman ಠ_ಠ
9 8%
Voters: 116.
Page 1 of 2
Not sure where this would go, but how many of you love film/game/TV soundtracks?

I really love such music, it's capable of being tremendously moving and a good soundtrack can make all the difference to a film or game. If so, name and recommend some of your favourites

For me, I reckon James Horner, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman and Howard Shore do incredible things in cinema, while games like Morrowind, Dawn of War, Fallout etc. wouldn't be what they are wthout Jeremy Soule and Inon Zur
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Metalocalypse

My 2 favorites
WARNING: Signature may not be handwritten
Clint Mansell is one of my favorite artists

His work in The fountain and Moon made the movies for me!
Shore, Zimmer, Williams, Megaman, Zelda, Rome Total War are some of my favs in terms of film composers/games.
Kelly Baily and Mike Morasky
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I still really enjoy Thomas Newman's soundtrack for Wall-E. Especially since the first-half of the film lacks dialogue, the music really does seem like and appropriate and effective vehicle for conveying or magnifying emotions and detailing the storyline.
Super Smash Bros Brawl is great as a collaborative effort, and when I was getting tired of playing the game, that soundtrack kept my thumbs moving - love it!

I also really enjoyed this piece and many of the others submitted to the contest. Definitely looking forward to more recommendations, too.

Hans Zimmer has the second highest play count on my last.fm account.

I think that answers the question.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I used to love the Pokemon Blue soundtrack, I played it last summer in "hey shit, haven't played this thing since I was 10!" and lost two weeks of my summer, but it was fooking awesome - and I, along with the majority of my friends, still remembered all the soundtrack, was stupid but awesome!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Yeah. As far as more orchestral and classically oriented scores, I like Zimmer, Elmer Bernstein, and others. I strongly prefer film scores from older movies and especially older westerns as opposed to newer movies.

However, my all time favorite movie soundtrack is Tekkon Kinkreet, which is one of my favorite movies ever.
The only soundtracks I really listen to are geared toward the neoclassical and epic. So pretty much that's Two Steps From Hell and the 300 OST by Tyler Bates.
I actually listen to the music from Silent Hill more than I play the games, these days. A lot of the early ambient stuff doesn't work too well on its own but the songs with melodies and especially vocals are amazing in their own right.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
I actually listen to the music from Silent Hill more than I play the games, these days. A lot of the early ambient stuff doesn't work too well on its own but the songs with melodies and especially vocals are amazing in their own right.

+1
STಠ_ಠ
Pirates of the Caribbean's music kicks so much ass. I love orchestral music with a killer melody.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Also, Courage The Cowardly Dog may be just a kids show, but they have great music.

This is a particularly good one with interesting music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZkKKX60qY

King Of Flan
Last edited by The Madcap at May 14, 2011,
E.S Posthumous......best soundtrack writers ever.......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Lord of the Rings. All three of them are my favourite soundtracks, also can't wait for the new Pirates of the Caribbean, Rodrigo and Gab + Hans Zimmer? Epic IMO. And The Fountain soundtrack is amazing. Also, Oblivion's is pretty cool, specially the main theme.
Not as much as experiencing it in context, but yes very much so.

Some stuff that comes to mind
Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Zelda Wind Waker, the songs with melodies in Silent Hill 2 despite the nightmares that game causes, Metroid Prime, John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Killer Instinct, the Tron Legacy OST, Zimmer. Uh...
Last edited by cornmancer at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Saint78
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, best soundtrack ever.

yes! The first 4 or 5 tony hawk games all have great soundtracks.
[]
Amelie and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. Some of my favourite music are from soundtracks to movies and games.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Last edited by mario61 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Saint78
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, best soundtrack ever.

Actually, I take back my previous statement. This is the best soundtrack ever, and I could listen to it on repeat for ages!!

EDIT: Tony Hawks underground 2 also has a pretty good soundtrack
Last edited by Lost Dog at May 15, 2011,
Video game soundtracks is pretty much the extent of it for me. Specifically the Dragon Warrior series. Love those tunes.
Quote by el rulfo
Lord of the Rings. All three of them are my favourite soundtracks, also can't wait for the new Pirates of the Caribbean, Rodrigo and Gab + Hans Zimmer?

I didn't know Rodrigo y Gacriella were involved. This will be awesome.

I love film scores, and some soundtracks too. The Matrix soundtrack introduced me to a lot of electronic music.

Edit: Also, The Tony Hawk and Gran Turismo games have amazing soundtracks, and have had a huge influence on my musical tastes.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by mental_zer0
Video game soundtracks is pretty much the extent of it for me. Specifically the Dragon Warrior series. Love those tunes.

Same, the symphonic soundtrack to Dragon Quest III is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard.

The Pulp Fiction soundtrack is awesome as well.
last.fm[/url}
final fantasy? I never really got too into final fantasy, but the guitarist of my old guitar teacher's band ( Incuuura, they're good, i promise ) apparantly is mainly influenced by final fantasy/ nobuo uematsu

i personally like the pokemon music and its bouncy tone... i should finish white soon
I haven't seen the film, but the music from How to Train Your Dragon is awesome.

And the first few Harry Potter films, even though I don't like the films themselves.

EDIT: Also, I can't stand Has Zimmer. I've heard his older scores are decent, I can't comment because I haven't heard many of them, but for recent films he tends to do the same generic vaguely epic thing in all of them regardless of the imagery, mood or story he's meant to be dramatising.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 15, 2011,
tron + hans zimmer

EDIT: and elder scrolls IV
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I really enjoy the Lord of the Rings soundtack by H. Shore, it makes a great deal of the enjoyability of the films IMO. Pride and Prejudice and Amélie are notable as well.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OST
Jets 'n Guns OST
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands OST

To name the few i listen to atm
Page 1 of 2