so i've posted on this forum several times about my 5150 but it's still new so this is a little belated. and today i put vintage 30 speakers in it!!!!! aw ya!

it was really fun wiring in the new speakers, great project to bond with my amp.

Teh Pics Baby!

Still With Sheffield's In IT

NOt AnymoRE!!!

REVIEW:

So far the 5150 has been so sick!!! especially wit the v30's, the added clarity and crystal clear notes in comparison to the sheffields is significant :]

when the 5150 is turned up to 2 and above it really shines. i've actually only ever turned it up to 2 1/2 so this is speculation ;]

holy loudness, this thing blows the house down at 2!!!!
i dont know the distortion on this this is just so attractive. it sounds like a machine of tone. which i love. this was my upgrade from a spider 3 lol so this has been a very pleasureful experience hearing a proper amp. it makes me think of how i ever lived without it. it just sounds so good

there isnt really any clean on this amp btw lol

i really love the aesthetics of this thing too. it just looks so b0ss!!!
HNAD!

I feel like we are somehow related now. I purchased a 5150 combo, but the previous guy split it up into a separate head and cabinet as 90 pounds is a pain in the ass for a 50 year old man to carry at every gig. I really didn't like the Sheffields that were with it so I put it on my 4x12 with Vintage 30s and you're right, it's definitely a clearer sounding.

For the global EQ, keep your Lows near 10, Mid around 5+, and High at about 4. Resonance should stay near 10 and Presence near 2.5. Keep the Bright button turned off. The results should be pleasing.

Also, what tubes are in it?
Quote by vincelombard
Still With Sheffield's In IT

NOt AnymoRE!!!

i think you forgot something. look down and left.

HNAD.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
HNAD, man! I've been looking into these lately.. Saw one listed for $400 this week.

thats the price i got mine for lol
advice for cranking amp.
go to vol 2 and 1/2, play for a while, then go to like, 3, then 4, then make a jump to like 6, and keep going until its maxed. use volume knob on guitar to prevent uncontrollable feedback. your welcome
Sweet, welcome to the club =)

The amp does have good cleans, it just takes a really long time to find them and dial them in. I spent about 2 solid days messing with my EQ to find them. But they're there, if you know where to look.

HNAD!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You lucky bastard. HNAD!
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Sexy. HNAD
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by vincelombard

Is that a balloon? I don't understand 'Re-enacting Eddie's Marketing'. What does that mean? Also, did you have to solder the new speaker wire in?

Just razin' you a bit. HNAD

5150s are beasts.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Is that a balloon? I don't understand 'Re-enacting Eddie's Marketing'. What does that mean? Also, did you have to solder the new speaker wire in?

Just razin' you a bit. HNAD

5150s are beasts.

aw yea
Quote by Offworld92
Sweet, welcome to the club =)

The amp does have good cleans, it just takes a really long time to find them and dial them in. I spent about 2 solid days messing with my EQ to find them. But they're there, if you know where to look.

HNAD!

care to share eq's?
Just remember that mids are your friend.

I used to be a scoop-the-mids kinda metal guy.. Then I learned how awesome mids are.
^ For some reason I've never been that guy, and don't understand the appeal for it. Maybe because in high school getting acquainted with metal, I listened to Children Of Bodom, and Alexi definitely utilizes his mids XD
Photos of yourself and the speakers but none of the front of the amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I love my 5150 combo, just waiting for some loot to upgrade speakers.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
HNAD.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by vincelombard

aw yea

That style