I play my Jaguar Classic Player with the bendable coil tap so they can be single coil or humbuckers through a Peavey VTM-60 head and a cab I built that is 1x12. Right now I use a Vox Wah, a MXR classic overdrive, and a New York made Big Muff.
I've read that the Big Muff doesn't sound as great as it could with 12AX7 tubes (my Peavey has 4 - 12AX&'s and 2 - 6l6's in it).
Does anybody have suggestions or anything they really like with these tubes? I really like the Husker Dü sound but mine sounds kinda muddy when I run the Big Muff. The MXR gives it a really nice crunch though.

Or anybody have any pedals that they are in love with that I should try out?
mxr 10 band eq
ts9
harmoniser(a must try)
delay
Chorus
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
I definitely need a Chorus pedal, any suggestions?
Do you know the difference between the TS9 and a classic overdrive?
Quote by 7leafvacation
I definitely need a Chorus pedal, any suggestions?
Do you know the difference between the TS9 and a classic overdrive?

I am not the most knowledgeable but I have been looking into chorus pedals a lot lately as well. It seems like the ones that keep getting recommended to me are the TC Electronics Corona, MXR's chorus, and I saw a really cool youtube video of a Neuenabar Wet (probably spelled that wrong, sorry)

As far as the OD is concerned, I really haven't tried any out seeing as how my amp is a Fender Frontman and I really have no need for an OD till I upgrade. I hear lots of good things about the TS9's though, but I have also heard they are somewhat overpriced because they have a great reputation. I've hard there are a lot of other pedals that are basically improved copies of the TS9. Correct me if I'm wrong though anyone.
GEAR:
Fender MIM Strat (all black everthing!)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Power Chords and Downstrums
Last edited by ptregaskis at May 14, 2011,
If you find the Mars Fuzz pedal on the bay,get that sucker,its a great OD thats not fizzy-mushy or wimpy,it has the best and strongest dynamics of all my 7 OD grit drives!
It seems too be a identicle EH graphic fuzz $130
Mars sells for like $62.00 with a power supply all SS CONSTRUCTION!
A huge articulate breakup going on,has a sustain and dynamics adjustment and a 6 band graphic EQ,USING SLIDERS!
Its hard too find,keep your eye open for it !

I recieved the TC Corona Chorus last week,its very good,it treats the highs much differently than the mxr stereo chorus pedal,corona is better is this area,mxr has a warmer low end somewhat,both are $$$$ lol
Last edited by ijam3 at May 15, 2011,
Thanks for all the suggestions, right now I think I am either gunna get the Boss CE-2, Delta Lab SC1, or the Ibanez CS-9 which I'm leaning towards the most. As far as fuzz I've been thinking about the big muff with tone wicker switch and then I found out its easy enough to mod the NYC Big Muff to have a tone switch on it.