I have a $99.99 SKB pedalboard. I thought it was crap, but I played it the other day on my friend's Mesa amp and it actually worked really well. I don't claim to be an expert by any means so if anyone wants to tell me the board is shit go ahead and I'd probably listen. I have been wanting to get a better one too, but once I plugged it into a REAL amp, I am beginning to change my mind.
GEAR:
Fender MIM Strat (all black everthing!)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Power Chords and Downstrums
Quote by ptregaskis
I have a $99.99 SKB pedalboard. I thought it was crap, but I played it the other day on my friend's Mesa amp and it actually worked really well. I don't claim to be an expert by any means so if anyone wants to tell me the board is shit go ahead and I'd probably listen. I have been wanting to get a better one too, but once I plugged it into a REAL amp, I am beginning to change my mind.

What exactly made it bad
rondomusic.net has some cheap ones that seem good. For a little more you can get a pedaltrain, which a lot of people use.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by th30nlyAket
What exactly made it bad

There was just a lot of extra noise. I'm know next to nothing about electronics so I never really took it apart and checked it out. After playing on my friend's Triple Rectifier it sounded much better than playing it through my Fender Frontman Of course, being half retarded and half broke I've been using a digitech multi-effects processor in place of a tuner, TERRIBLE idea, but it's not so bad that I can't handle it ya know? I'm just barely getting into the world of buying good gear.
GEAR:
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

I'm not sure if ptregaskis' noise problem has anything to do with the board itself. Unless it is a powered board and the power supply is noisy, a board can't really do anything for your tone haha. The digitech multieffects is probbaly the culprit, IMO
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I'm not sure if ptregaskis' noise problem has anything to do with the board itself. Unless it is a powered board and the power supply is noisy, a board can't really do anything for your tone haha. The digitech multieffects is probbaly the culprit, IMO

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I'm such a n00b right now, but I'm getting better. It took me forever to figure out that the multieffects had to have its own power source and I couldn't just plug that into the pedalboard with all my other pedals haha. Terrible memories from those first few days.
GEAR:
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

if he was using this pedalboard it does have a power supply, so it can give you noise in your sound if the power supply isnt very good. It could also just be a badly grounded outlet too though I think.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by ironman45
if he was using this pedalboard it does have a power supply, so it can give you noise in your sound if the power supply isnt very good. It could also just be a badly grounded outlet too though I think.

That's the one! So would just any 9v power supply work or do I have to have a specific kind? I tried lifting the ground with one of those 3-prong to 2-prong adapters and it didn't seem to make a difference. Of course I may just be making a big deal out of nothing, I just wanna learn. Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread, hopefully the ts got his question answered well enough.
GEAR:
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Make your own?

That way, you make to suit YOUR pedals
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
ok can someone answer me a question. does the pedal trains come with the voodoo power supply?
nope. it does not.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by kracdown
nope. it does not.

hmm then pedal train wouldnt work for me. I need a power pedal board basically to clean up a corded mess. right now my 1 spot and other cords are making a mess
Quote by th30nlyAket
hmm then pedal train wouldnt work for me. I need a power pedal board basically to clean up a corded mess. right now my 1 spot and other cords are making a mess

...you can buy a voodoo lab power supply... pedal train makes holders for them that go under the board to keep things organized.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)