Alright, so I'm selling my Hellraiser because I'm bored of it and I want something new. I play mainly post-hardcore and post-rock type stuff, so I'd like a guitar fitted for that style. No active pickups. I've been looking at getting either a Tele, Strat or a Parker Fly, but I still don't know. Any suggestions would be cool
love is love // return to dust
Keep your Hellraiser and put passive pickups in it? Hellraisers are great guitars.

Failing that, the Blacktop Series from Fender should do the trick for Post-Rock and Post-Hardcore.
whats your budget?

an entry level strat and a parker fly are a couple grand apart...
one guitar to consider would be a Peavey Wolfgang, they are of superb quality, come with exceptionally great stock pickups, they have a very friendly neck, and they can be had for about $400-$500.

but i do have to admit, i don't know much if anything about post rock or post hardcore, so this may be completely flawed.

IMO if you find the right one, the play just as good as the EBMM axis's. i played them back to back before buying, saved myself a grand and got [what felt to me] a better guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Somekid94
Keep your Hellraiser and put passive pickups in it? Hellraisers are great guitars.

Failing that, the Blacktop Series from Fender should do the trick for Post-Rock and Post-Hardcore.

I don't like the feel of it, really. Plus I think it looks gay lol, so getting a whole new guitar looks better. I've looked at some of the Blacktop models and they look pretty sweet, I'll be sure to try one out next time I'm at GC.

Quote by Guitar Sushi
You don't like active pickups and you play post-hardcore.

I have no words for you.

I mean post-hardcore like Lower Than Atlantis, letlive., that kind of stuff. Not breakdown everywhere post-hardcore.
love is love // return to dust
Parkers rock. If you have the cash, go for it! If you haven't tried one yet, you must.

I hope to own one someday
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Get a blacktop fender telecaster, or a telecaster deluxe '72 RI if you have a good budget. I swear these things are under rated :/.
Quote by I-Heart-Guitar
Get a blacktop fender telecaster, or a telecaster deluxe '72 RI if you have a good budget. I swear these things are under rated :/.

'i haven't been impressed by the blacktops i messed around with. i wasn't in the market for one, but i just picked up a strat and a jag (?) to demo an amp on at GC, and just didn't care for the feel.

the '72 RI tele i played felt a lot better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/