Page 1 of 2
Quote by SilentHeaven109
What you need is a...

Why bother? Is it even funny anymore?

I don't think it ever was.

OT: It should work decently enough
Yes, the metal muff works well for that Death/Black Metal sound. It's defiantly worth it.
I heard a line 6 spider 3 is awesome for death metals. That or an MG
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Yeah you'll be fine with the Metal Muff.

I've used it before, its solid for any type of Metal sub genre.

Digitech makes a 'Death Metal' pedal, never used it myself though.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Digitech makes a 'Death Metal' pedal, never used it myself though.

I have this pedal, the fact that I use the phrase "cow-raping distortion" whenever anyone asks me about it should tell you all you need to know about just how terrible it is...
Quote by SilentHeaven109
I have this pedal, the fact that I use the phrase "cow-raping distortion" whenever anyone asks me about it should tell you all you need to know about just how terrible it is...

Ouch, that's a shame.

Looked like a cheap pedal, but looks can be deceiving.

(not in this case haha)
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Ouch, that's a shame.

Looked like a cheap pedal, but looks can be deceiving.

(not in this case haha)

Yeah it looks nice enough but literally the only sound you get out of it is massive amounts of gain. I suppose if you're into really extreme metal and just want to be as brutal and noisy as possible then it's a good choice but asking for any form is subtlety or variety from this thing is like asking The Queen to do something useful for a change, it just won't happen!
the metal muff is sick, stil the only pedal i own after 5 years of guitar playing.

and half of digitechs products look like plastic dollar store toys...
Quote by SilentHeaven109
What you need is a...

Why bother? Is it even funny anymore?

What's funny is that it would be the exact answer he'd get if he asked this question in GG&A.

I'm actually the (unintentional) originator of that meme, even though it's started to lose its humor.
Quote by Holy Katana
What's funny is that it would be the exact answer he'd get if he asked this question in GG&A.

I'm actually the (unintentional) originator of that meme, even though it's started to lose its humor.

Yeah that was the point, I was trying to be ironic and stuff!

It's not a bad meme by any means, not quite as good as the fog machine but almost...
Quote by Zoot Allures
Anything that sounds like someone playing on a low E with too much gain is good for death metal.

who plays death metal in e anyways olololol
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Yeah it looks nice enough but literally the only sound you get out of it is massive amounts of gain. I suppose if you're into really extreme metal and just want to be as brutal and noisy as possible then it's a good choice but asking for any form is subtlety or variety from this thing is like asking The Queen to do something useful for a change, it just won't happen!

I think a lot of noise musicians like the pedal for distorting loops and stuff, but I suppose that says a lot as far as its use for guitar goes.
Quote by Holy Katana
I think a lot of noise musicians like the pedal for distorting loops and stuff, but I suppose that says a lot as far as its use for guitar goes.

The Digitech Grunge is the same pedal....except it has a gain knob.
You can actually turn down the gain to a somewhat usable level, or keep it at 11 for Death Metal Pedal.

They're all pretty shit pedals :|
Quote by Zoot Allures
True, no metal is badass enough to play in the best key of them all.

I think you mean A, sir. At least it's my favorite key.
Metal "muff"?

But isn't "muff" a British coloquialism for something very rude indeed?

Quote by Fat Lard
The Big Muff is pretty bad ass.

Quote by Holy Katana
I think you mean A, sir. At least it's my favorite key.

there are death metal bands that play in A

and though death metal usually is played in lower tunings, plenty of bands in other branches of metal play in E y'know, fail allures
I'm aware, but E is totally not the best key ever, which is what I was trying to say.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Metal "muff"?

But isn't "muff" a British coloquialism for something very rude indeed?

I wasn't aware it was just British. I always giggled when I first started playing guitar and heard about the legendary Big Muff.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm aware, but E is totally not the best key ever, which is what I was trying to say.

I wasn't aware it was just British. I always giggled when I first started playing guitar and heard about the legendary Big Muff.

There's a reason all the best Hendrix songs are in E.
Quote by Holy Katana

There are good amount of rock bands that use the pedal and a muff pun in the name. Some are even all lesbian girl bands.
I have used it, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it.

From my experience, I would say that it would be perfect for some really thrashy stuff like Mayhem or Behemoth but if you want to play anything technical like Necrophagist or something like that, you would be better off going with something else.
Quote by Holy Katana

Probably just my assumption.
Quote by piratemetalhead
speaking of pedals, i still kind of want the micro POG

wonder if my local tom lee has got it

Pog?

Those little round disk thingies that kids used to play with back in the 90s?

It's all so confusing.
Page 1 of 2