i saw this pop up on CL for $125, and called and asked one question. where was this made? the answer was in the US, and i said will you take $100 if i am down there within the hour? answer yes.

what is it? a peavey eclipse II. it was dirty as all hell but after some buffing, dissassembly, fret dress, etc., shes lookin' purdy.

will post review and cool features in next post.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Features: two switches, three knobs.

switch 1: standard humbucking switch like on a LP
switch 2: on-off-on for single coil in middle position, one on is in phase, the other on is out of phase.

knob 1: master volume
knob 2 and 3 neck and bridge tone knobs, but after you turn them past 7 they turn the buckers into coil splitting.

so there are endless tone possibilities. kinda like a PRS 513

another cool feature this guitar has (one i personally have never seen before) is a neck tilt option to get it set up just right, i haven't messed with it yet though.

this guitar is basically new, which is amazing considering its well over 20 years old, no fretwear, no dings, just flawless.

i love the potential of tone, everything is very well constructed and you can see that it has some time put into the manufacturing. it plays effortlessly.

all i can say is buy one yourself... lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Nice find!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Nice find!

thanks! its absolutely killer, easily hangs with my peavey EVH's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by fc89konkari
Correction. You asked two questions.

/beingstupid

Happy new guitar day!!!

lol. thanks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
very nice!

hard to go wrong for $100 i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice!

hard to go wrong for $100 i'd have thought.

yea, i am kind of a hunter when it comes to lower cost MIA guitars of yesteryear.

this thing nails strat tone better than any strat i have ever had/heard, can hit tele tones pretty well (i have no idea how it manages to to so), and you can get killer bucker tones out of it too. all of the pickups are actually really hot.

and it plays like a dream after the setup and cleaning.

just searched the serial and its an '84
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 15, 2011,
im not familiar with old peavey guitars at all, but maybe i should start looking for one of these. its beautiful!!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Holy buckets, youre a lucky man. HNGD!
Quote by Duv

Oh, and for resonance . . . smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.
Quote by Levi79
I have yet to play a Peavey guitar. I hear they are actually amazing guitars witch is contrary to popular belief.

they really are, i own three of them now. two wolfgangs, and this. i have been impressed by all of them. for bang for your buck, you can't get better, especially on the 80's models.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
they really are, i own three of them now. two wolfgangs, and this. i have been impressed by all of them. for bang for your buck, you can't get better, especially on the 80's models.

I'll have to do some research on them and keep my eye out. Bang for your buck is the reason why all of my guitars are MIJ Ibanezes from the 90's. Arguably better than Prestige models and at a fraction of the price.
Hell, I got an RG570 for $120 once. Sold it for $550.
Headstock is the same design as the Peavey Patriot that's sitting in my parents' attic.
Next time I'm over there I'll pick it up as I want to rebuild it.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
this thing nails strat tone better than any strat i have ever had/heard

really? no freaking way! gas!
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by distortion896
really? no freaking way! gas!

it really does, if you break down the incredibly complex pickup switching system, you can get anything out of it.

for example neck pu w/ tone >7 will get you already awesome sc tone but you throw in the other switch for the middle sc pickup you can add it in or out of phase or not at all, same thing on the bridge, that thickens it up a little bit, but makes it even a little bit more twangy/quacky.

its hard to describe further, but it is awesome, better quality than 95% of the strats i have seen/owned (owned 5 or 6).

and if you still want killer bucker tone, you still have it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Slap-happy
Headstock is the same design as the Peavey Patriot that's sitting in my parents' attic.
Next time I'm over there I'll pick it up as I want to rebuild it.

those were also USA guitars manufactured around the same time, honestly i can't see what would need rebuilding unless you wanted to. this one hung on a wall for the last 12 years or so, according to the previous owner, it was dirty as all hell, but the tuners and bridge are perfectly functioning, all it needed was a little bit of deoxit. and a quick buff with 3M fine cut rubbing compound.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
those were also USA guitars manufactured around the same time, honestly i can't see what would need rebuilding unless you wanted to. this one hung on a wall for the last 12 years or so, according to the previous owner, it was dirty as all hell, but the tuners and bridge are perfectly functioning, all it needed was a little bit of deoxit. and a quick buff with 3M fine cut rubbing compound.

The humbucker died after a drunken night years ago and I ........ walked on it...

I don't like vibrato units either so I was thinking of blocking it or replacing it with a hardtail.

Not a massive about of work - just a new humbucker, a little soldering.
THe main problem being that it's in the UK and I'm in Australia. Came with a nice moulded hard case, too.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
It is not a super Strat. Why you might ask? The bridge. A super Strat must have a vibrato bridge such as a Kahler or Floyd.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
^No, it doesn't. It generally implies that, but it doesn't mean it has to have a trem. It can apply to any Strat shape guitar with any combination non-traditional pickup configurations, bridge, 24 frets, or other 'upgrades' over a regular Strat.
I have sort of a superstrat fetish, so seeing this has made my day.
HNGD!

PS. To the person who claims a Superstrat needs a tremolo:
The Ibanez PGM (also certain RG models).
Tremolo arm? Nope.
Superstrat? HELL YES.
Point made?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at May 16, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
^No, it doesn't. It generally implies that, but it doesn't mean it has to have a trem. It can apply to any Strat shape guitar with any combination non-traditional pickup configurations, bridge, 24 frets, or other 'upgrades' over a regular Strat.

No wammy bar no superstrat!! It is the entire package that makes a super Strat. Saying that a hardtail is the same is like calling a Yugo a race car because it has a steering wheel. Psst 24 frets were never in the equation back then either.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
No wammy bar no superstrat!! It is the entire package that makes a super Strat. Saying that a hardtail is the same is like calling a Yugo a race car because it has a steering wheel. Psst 24 frets were never in the equation back then either.

Suspect troll.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea, i am kind of a hunter when it comes to lower cost MIA guitars of yesteryear.

this thing nails strat tone better than any strat i have ever had/heard, can hit tele tones pretty well (i have no idea how it manages to to so), and you can get killer bucker tones out of it too. all of the pickups are actually really hot.

and it plays like a dream after the setup and cleaning.

just searched the serial and its an '84

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PsiGuy60
I have sort of a superstrat fetish, so seeing this has made my day.
HNGD!

PS. To the person who claims a Superstrat needs a tremolo:
The Ibanez PGM (also certain RG models).
Tremolo arm? Nope.
Superstrat? HELL YES.
Point made?

glad i could help make your day. lol.

+1 to littlephil
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Bhaok

First thing I thought was what makes this strat copy super?

Super strats need a dive bomb trem. Without it it's just a strat.

Very cool guitar though HNG!
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
THAT is a cool looking guitar! Looks like you cleaned it up very well, I thought it was new haha

HNGD!
Music must be honest to be timeless.