Page 1 of 2
Quote by CannedBullets
Marty Friedman

The guy from Back to the Future?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
My thoughts go to all those in Japan.

Its been a horrid 2011 for them.
666 BRO
It has been raised to level seven for a long time now.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Momentosis

my god i hope this is a joke
Quote by Momentosis

That'd be Marty McFly btw.

Friedman a guitarist is from Megadeth.
Shit just got real.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Does this mean that if a Japanese person bites me I'll become super Asian?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Does this mean that if a Japanese person bites me I'll become super Asian?

##VOTE Irish_Punk13
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Marty was the first thing I thought of when I read this, partly because I'm listening to Megadeth right now haha
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Also what about Paul Gilbert, doesn't he live in Japan? Because if so he needs to be evacuated, also is their any protective gear against radiation for Civilians?
Quote by bradulator
##VOTE Irish_Punk13

Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by CannedBullets
Also what about Paul Gilbert, doesn't he live in Japan? Because if so he needs to be evacuated, also is their any protective gear against radiation for Civilians?

I believe he lives in LA haha. He was the guest guitar player on like 3 episodes of the most recent season of That Metal Show and for the guest musicians usually they have famous musicians that are local around their studio. Mr. Big is just huge in Japan so I can see why you thought that haha.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
^He does spend a lot of time in Japan though (I think).

Edit: I'm not sure about civilian protection. I know that a lot of stores sold out of supplies when this all started, and I'd imagine people are staying inside more in the effected areas.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by geanes

And Cacophony, come on man!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Lets immediately evacuate all of our western guitarists ASAP guys way to get our priorities straight

Good thing Iron Maiden got out of there when the Earthquake happened, too bad the Japanese missed out on them because they canceled it.
The amount of radiation released is still WAY, WAY below the amount you'd get from a chest X-ray or various medical scans.

Coal plants release more radiation than the average nuclear plant. Just sayin'.

Not that it's not a tragedy, things just need to be kept in perspective. The damage done to the rest of the nation and population from the tsunami is still a much bigger deal.
Quote by CannedBullets

To protect yourself from radiation, buy some GTFO.
Smile when you say that.
I was just thinking about this the other day, I haven't heard a word about Japan in a long time. The royal wedding/ the death of the brown version "you know who" kind of just took over.

Poor Japan, they finally have the radiation problems sorted out and it just happens again.. and poor my economy we have seen the reprecussions pretty heavily in my area already.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by CannedBullets
http://enenews.com/japan-officially-raises-fukushima-to-level-7-same-as-chernobyl-translation

Level 7 is the same as Chernobyl and the World has all but forgotten the crisis in Japan, my God, we have to evacuate Marty Friedman from Japan.

Also, I really hope this doesn't turn out like Chernobyl. I was really hoping it would never reach this point in the first place.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 15, 2011,
I'm going to have to go there. It's going to be risky, but I think I can get in the range that is neither too far or too close to kill me, and I will acquire super powers.

Wish me luck.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Jeez, I didn't know the situation at Fukushima still hadn't been sorted out yet.

Like some other people pointed out, Japan sorta disappeared from the news.
Quote by CrossBack7
The amount of radiation released is still WAY, WAY below the amount you'd get from a chest X-ray or various medical scans.

Coal plants release more radiation than the average nuclear plant. Just sayin'.

The difference is, X-rays are only going through you for a second. When you're living in high-radiation for a long amount of time, it takes a tremendous toll on the body, and that's the concern.

And, you know, the average nuclear plant that isn't spilling radiation everywhere.

Quote by Holy Katana
Jeez, I didn't know the situation at Fukushima still hadn't been sorted out yet.

That's how the media works, man. As soon as the next big story rolls in, what we were all previously terrified of is suddenly forgotten. :\
Last edited by SlayingDragons at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana

Osama > Bieber > Royal Wedding > Japan > Cure for cancer
Last time I checked, TEPCO had it under control, somewhat.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Quote by SlayingDragons
The difference is, X-rays are only going through you for a second. When you're living in high-radiation for a long amount of time, it takes a tremendous toll on the body, and that's the concern.

And, you know, the average nuclear plant that isn't spilling radiation everywhere.

That's how the media works, man. As soon as the next big story rolls in, what we were all previously terrified of is suddenly forgotten. :\

Point is, the amount you get from a chest X-Ray is more than what those living within fifty miles of the plant have received in the last month from it. Except for the workers, there have been no real radiation leaks that would threaten the public. The biggest problem is the amount of radiation that they're dumping in the ocean. Well, and the threat of a full-blown meltdown.
Quote by shredibanez24
I believe he lives in LA haha. He was the guest guitar player on like 3 episodes of the most recent season of That Metal Show and for the guest musicians usually they have famous musicians that are local around their studio. Mr. Big is just huge in Japan so I can see why you thought that haha.

2 episodes, and Billy Sheehan was on 2 as well. I was there for the 2 paul gilbert episodes and got to shake his hand and get his autograph
The Fukushima plant is way more advanced than the one in Chernobyl was. Even if a total meltdown would occur, the wastes should all be contained. Or so I've heard, not that it isn't a bad thing still.
Quote by Neer
The Fukushima plant is way more advanced than the one in Chernobyl was. Even if a total meltdown would occur, the wastes should all be contained. Or so I've heard, not that it isn't a bad thing still.

I read an article yesterday saying that one of the reactors has in fact melted down and is leaking melted fuel and affected water into the sea already. Will hopefully return with a source.

EDIT: It's odd that if you put "japanese reactor meltdown" into google, pretty much all the results are from mid-MARCH
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Last edited by fortysix&2 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by fortysix&2
EDIT: It's odd that if you put "japanese reactor meltdown" into google, pretty much all the results are from mid-MARCH

...because that's around the time the disasters were occuring?
Quote by denfilade
...because that's around the time the disasters were occuring?

Because it's not still occuring at all, no... Jedward losing Eurovision is so much more important.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I don't know why you guys are angry that the media has moved on. Selling updates on the same story for a month and a half wouldn't sell papers and they're businesses not altruistic arbiters of the social consciousness.
Quote by geanes

How fitting.

Jokes aside, they really don't need a new Chernobyl on their hands, I hope nothing blows up.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Page 1 of 2