I've heard a lot about the visual sound 1 spot and seen a lot of ads on how it can power your ENTIRE pedalboard. But can't any power supply do that? pedals rarely take more than 30mA to power (not counting like digitech whammy) and the boss power supply puts out 650.

"TOO FAST TO LIVE TOO YOUNG TO DIE"
Yea, they're not saying other's can't, just that there's can. You pretty much just proved it wasn't a scam.

Be warned, Electro-Harmonix pedals do not take kindly to them. Had two EH pedals go temporarily on the fritz from it, so I leave them on 9V batteries.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Lots of pedals don't do well with daisy chaining, not just EHX pedals. Digital pedals and in particular digital delays are real picky about the power source and plenty of pedals use inadequate power filtering. Best to use a multi output, isolated supply like the Voodoo Labs PP2+. You will very rarely if ever have problems with something like that. They're pricey but worth it if you have a large pedalboard.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by T_5ky_K
pedals rarely take more than 30mA to power (not counting like digitech whammy) and the boss power supply puts out 650.

1/3rd of my pedalboard takes more than 30mA. Alot more.
I don't know much about electronics, but this is what makes sense to me...

The 1Spot puts out 1800mA, while regular PSU's put out only 600-800mA. Pedals need around 200-300mA to power, so the extra power on the PSU is there for if you want to daisy chain them and power them.

When you use a one spot to power a pedal board, (6+ pedals), the 1 spot will have enough power to deliver power to all 6+ pedals , while daisy chaining 6 pedals with a regular PSU would probably fry something.

Someone correct me if my thinking is wrong.

edit: okay, so this isn't correct. Though in my defense, read the first and last sentence. I didn't claim I was right.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Last edited by jnukes2 at May 15, 2011,
i palmed my face so hard it exploded.

the 1 spot has regulation just not isolation.

and what boss power supply puts out 650ma.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by jnukes2

The 1Spot puts out 1800mA, while regular PSU's put out only 600-800mA. Pedals need around 200-300mA to power, so the extra power on the PSU is there for if you want to daisy chain them and power them.

When you use a one spot to power a pedal board, (6+ pedals), the 1 spot will have enough power to deliver power to all 6+ pedals , while daisy chaining 6 pedals with a regular PSU would probably fry something.

.....you need to read this pronto. http://stinkfoot.se/archives/526
Quote by jnukes2

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
My 1 Spot puts out 1,700mA. and my Boss (from my BCB-60 pedalboard) puts out 2,000mA. Either one works well up to the 7-8 pedals they are rated for. I've even taken the daisy chain cord off my 1 Spot, and put it at the end of my Boss power supply and powered up to 11 pedals at a time with no problems (except the added noise, which the noise suppressor/noise gate takes care of). As for any type of scam? The 1 Spot does exactly what it says.... it powers up to 8 pedals with no problem. As asked earlier, what Boss power supply puts out 650mA?
I've powered 14 pedals with my 1spot, it just depends on what the pedals are, each pedal draws a different amount of power
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
guys, i told you already, i alerted the authorities and they should contact VS any minute to sort it out.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
guys, i told you already, i alerted the authorities and they should contact VS any minute to sort it out.

Uh oh guys, hide all ur pedalzzz, the pedal police are coming....
OK, here's what my pedals draw....

Boss MD-2 18mA.
Boss PH-3 50mA.
Boss BF-3 40mA.
Boss RV-5 50mA.
Boss CE-5 22mA.
Boss CS-3 11mA.
Boss DD-7 60mA.
Boss GE-7 10mA.
Boss NS-2 20mA.
Dunlop KH95 Cry Baby 4mA.
Planet Waves Tru Strobe Pedal Tuner ?

Less than 300mA. total...

So I'd bet even a 600-650mA. power supply would power them all.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at May 15, 2011,
Quote by IbanezBossShred
OK, here's what my pedals draw....

Boss MD-2 18mA.
Boss PH-3 50mA.
Boss BF-3 40mA.
Boss RV-5 50mA.
Boss CE-5 22mA.
Boss CS-3 11mA.
Boss DD-7 60mA.
Boss GE-7 10mA.
Boss NS-2 20mA.
Dunlop KH95 Cry Baby 4mA.
Planet Waves Tru Strobe Pedal Tuner ?

Less than 300mA. total...

So I'd bet even a 600-650mA. power supply would power them all.

and it would be noisy as heck without regulation and even noisier without isolation.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Oh yeah, absolutely. That's the reason I got the 1 Spot actually. With the pedal board using one supply for it's pedals, and the other pedals powered by the 1 Spot. This also makes it easier to have one supply for an FX Loop and one for the rest...