Im not sure what to get though. I just bought a Schecter c-1 classic and its amazing. My amp doesnt keep up though. Its a peavy vypyr 15. The amp im looking at buying is the peavey vypyr tube 60, since im familiar with vypyrs. The bugera v55 looks good too. My guitar center doesnt have any good amps to try though.

My playing style is alot of blues to a classic rock tone. But every once in a while, heavy rythem playing. My price range is about $400 which ill buy used. so pretty much anything $550 or less new. What are your guys suggestions for me, since i dont know anything about amps.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

There are three places: "where you were", "where you are" and "where you want to be".

Story of my life
I wouldn't get a vypyre tube just because you familar with it
I wouldn't get a line 6 mkII just because I'm familar with my old spider amp.
If your goint to get one of those two get the bugera
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I wouldn't get a vypyre tube just because you familar with it
I wouldn't get a line 6 mkII just because I'm familar with my old spider amp.
If your goint to get one of those two get the bugera

Have you ever played one? hows it sound?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

There are three places: "where you were", "where you are" and "where you want to be".

Story of my life
I played the bugera very briefly while the guy was checking all my stuff out at the guitar store (like a whole 2 minutes, I had a lot of stuff) so I wouldn't be much help but I've heard good things about them around ug
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I played the bugera very briefly while the guy was checking all my stuff out at the guitar store (like a whole 2 minutes, I had a lot of stuff) so I wouldn't be much help but I've heard good things about them around ug

A used Peavey 6505+ combo is in your price range, you should give it a try.
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
Im pretty sure bugeras have a tendency to catch on fire due to shitty build quality. And their parent company is behringer, which is getting the arse sued out of it by Peavy right now. I'd go for a Peavy. But not a Vypyr get rid of that modeling crap it just brings the overall quality of the amp down in my opinion (I also had a Vypyr 15, not a big fan). Go for like the Peavy 5150 212 or something. I don't think there would be much difference in price
Quote by T7E
^ I meant 6505. Good work Greed18

Thanks
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
Quote by Greed18
A used Peavey 6505+ combo is in your price range, you should give it a try.

lol did you even read the op? That's like recommending a skateboard to someone that wants a cruiser

TS, try a Peavey Classic 30, it won't do metal that well but it's great for classic/alternative and blues

Quote by T7E
Im pretty sure bugeras have a tendency to catch on fire due to shitty build quality. And their parent company is behringer, which is getting the arse sued out of it by Peavy right now. I'd go for a Peavy. But not a Vypyr get rid of that modeling crap it just brings the overall quality of the amp down in my opinion (I also had a Vypyr 15, not a big fan). Go for like the Peavy 5150 212 or something. I don't think there would be much difference in price

That was before, they're actual good budget amps now, alot of guys here are jizzing at their new TriRec
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at May 15, 2011,
^Meh and what do think that is a rip off of.....? Three guesses.

This is why they are always gettin sued
Quote by T7E
^Meh and what do think that is a rip off of.....? Three guesses.

This is why they are always gettin sued

That's basically what Bugera are, they have a 6505 clone which is arguably better than the 6505(not my words) and this TriRec is much cheaper than the Triple Rectifier which is why so many people are into it.

Would I go for one? No, I'm happy with my Dual Recto, but I can see why others would.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Yes and fair enough. Still I just think that there would be better sounding, more reliable options in this price range then a bugera. But I guess in the end its this dudes decision though so good luck mate.
i didnt think 6505s could pull off blues?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Story of my life
Quote by T7E
Yes and fair enough. Still I just think that there would be better sounding, more reliable options in this price range then a bugera. But I guess in the end its this dudes decision though so good luck mate.

but I never recommended a Bugera to him.....I recommended a classic 30

Just picked up on your point to say they aren't as bad as they were lets say 5 years ago

Quote by -Kr0n1c-
i didnt think 6505s could pull off blues?

I mean they could, but you don't get a metal amp to play blues/classic and some metal on the side, unless metal's your main genre
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Last edited by megano28 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Greed18
The 6505+ isn't only a metal amp >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsdCsy_onY0
this guy has a great classic tone to it

that's not the point, you don't buy an amp that's aimed at metal to get a classic rock/blues tone.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
that's not the point, you don't buy an amp that's aimed at metal to get a classic rock/blues tone.

True i get your point, to get the best of that tone you want, you got to get an amp made for that genre.
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ