Ok here's the deal:

Just bought an Egnater Rebel 30 Head. Currently own a Line 6 Spider Bogner tube amp 2X12 combo amp.

I love the sound of the Egnater 30 head. I want to (ideally) use the effects and floorboard effect switching on the Line 6 and use the 2X12s in the Line 6 combo so I don't have to get another effects unit or another 2X12 cab just for the Egnater head.

The Egnater rebel 30 has a "silent" mode whereby you don't (as is usual for tube amps) have to have a speaker connected to the speaker output. Apparently also in this mode the effects loop send is active as I have found out. So in theory, could I send the signal from the effects send on Egnater to either:

a) the guitar input on the Line 6 and thus utilize the effects therein along with the 2X12 speakers in the Line 6 combo (obviously sticking to the totally CLEAN channel on the Line 6 and using it only for the Delay, Chorus etc. effects I could add to that clean channel patch. -OR-

b) run the effects send on the Egnater to the effects return on the Line 6 and thus utilize the Line 6 effects and the 2X12s that way.

Or can I somehow loop the line 6 with effects back through the Egnater effects loop and ultimately discard the "silent" mode and plug the Line 6's 2X12s into the speaker out of the Egnater, using the Line 6 simply as an "effects unit."

Or C) is this all just too complicated and I should just pull out my old pedals, do an effects loop on the Egnater and spring for either a separate 2X12 cab or just use the Line 6 2X12 cab speakers only (no Line 6 involvement at all other than using the speaker cab) so I don't have to spring for a new 2X12 extension cab?

Feasibility of the above? Stupidity level of the above? Don't worry about hurting my feelings ;-), I'm just trying to save money and I might just need to do C I realize but just thought I'd ask.

Brian
you better double check that silent mode works like that.

most silent modes just mute the signal to the power amp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer