What are your opinions on these things? I really like the razorback shape and plan on doing a custom paintjob on it anyway along with a pickup replacement as i already have an emg set laying around. It seems to be the only razorback within a reasonable price range without the dang floyd!
The only redeeming factor this guitar has is that it's a fixed bridge and doesn't use a God-awful Floyd Rose bridge like Deans in the pricerange all use. Having a fixed bridge solves half of the tuning stability problems these guitar have.

All Deans are horribly overpriced. The cheap razorbacks especially. They play horribly, are very uncomfortable, sound bland and the neck feels like sandpaper. They are hit and miss in terms of playability. One can play well and the other of an identical model can have lots of fret buzz and dead notes. They don't use quality woods either. To top the shit sandwhich off, playing one will make you look like a Dimebag wannabe. Even though Dimebag never played a Razorback, playing a big pointy Dean with a big, pointy headstock will make anyone think you're trying to copy him.

If you are modding that particular guitar, you have a LOT of work to do to make it a good instrument. ALL the hardware is garbage. Not just the pickups. This includes the nut, the bridge and the machine heads. But thank God you don't need to replace a Floyd Rose. I will give the guitar that.

Just save your money up and get somthing with everything you want right out of the box. It is a lot more cost-effective because manufacturers only pay a fraction of what the hardware costs in retail. The guitar will have better quality control, so chances are, playability will be better and chances are, they will be made from better quality woods.

Just my opinion.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 15, 2011,
Don't get a cheap Razorback model - they're very lacking in terms of feel and playability. I've played one last time I was in a guitar store and it cramped my hand holding it - just not very nice. If it's one of the Floyd models, it's going to detune quickly. Pickups are meh, but those can be replaced if necessary.

The more expensive models are quite good, but there's still the problem of them having a bit of a small genre range - I dare anyone reading to go audition for a non-metal band with one of those things. I guarantee you won't be taken seriously, even though it'll sound good.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
If you like the shape, please try going used for a Dean. That model (I've played it) is kinda shit. It felt really weak, the pickups didn't sound good at all.

Here, let me help you. Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear, Special Fetishes?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
If you like the shape, please try going used for a Dean. That model (I've played it) is kinda shit. It felt really weak, the pickups didn't sound good at all.

Here, let me help you. Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear, Special Fetishes?

This one is used and i love the shape and even if it does make me look like some poser/ fanboy whatever. other peoples thoughts arent exactly my problem. I have played this one though and the overall feel wasnt bad like most of you are saying. It felt better than my MIJ Jackson does to me. but anyways my budget is up to $600, new or used doesnt matter, both home and gig situations, the closest city is greensboro NC, current gear is more guitars than i really feel like listing and some old kmd halfstack that sounds suprisingly good but thats being upgraded to an ampeg vh140c whenever it arrives in the mail, I just want a non floyd guitar that i can have fun upgrading.
Quote by CannedBullets
Dean is just raping Dimebag's name.

I realize this but i mainly like the body shape and in the end it wont look like anything dimebag wouldve designed besides the actual shape.