Hey guys, first time poster long time viewer of the forums.

I'm into my second year of guitar playing and I am looking to upgrade from my strat squier affinity series HSS model.
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0310700564
Thats the exact model.

I do not wish to spend 800 or so on an upgrade for a metal guitar so I was wondering if it is possible to put a set of EMG 81/85's in it as it would save me about $600.

Do bare in mind that I LOVE playing my squier and would rather go with that option if it were possible.
If you put in those pickups, you're spending more money of them then what the guitar is actually worth
Of course it's possible, you just need a new pickguard with holes for 2 humbuckers.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Of course if you put a nicer pick guard with better pickups you now have a custom Squier Affinity. Subsequently, it should be valued at a higher price.
Quote by Brad_Bassist
If you put in those pickups, you're spending more money of them then what the guitar is actually worth

however about 75% of the affinity guitars play really nicely and the tonal qualities of the wood aren't bad and they're actually alder unlike the squier standard series, slap some decent pickups in and upgrade the wiring and they're already sounding 100% better than any other squier and beating the low end ibbys for metal.

I would recommend a new bridge and nut though 'cause the ones of the affinity series are cheap as chips
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Remember too that most EMGs, including the 81 and 85, are active, so you'll have to throw a battery somewhere in your guitar too.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.