Page 1 of 2
Hi there dudes!

I'm not a dummy guitarist but a beginner!

here in my country (Iran) it's very very very hard to find good guitars for metal!

I have 2 options!

Jackson RR3 + Extra money for amps!

Jackson RR5+ Extra time for saving money for amps!

which one would you recommend???

please consider my level!

and be specific with your answers.

many thanks
Hey there, Lou!

Now when it comes to the RR5 and RR3, you have to look at the differences. If they're both stock, the only differences will be that the RR5 is neck through, and the RR3 is bolt on. Personally, I love bolt on guitars, so when I had this predicament I went for the RR3, (plus it was cheaper, and I needed a new amp too!)

Neck through guitars affect the playability and tone, and I'm a bolt on guy. If I were you, I'd get the RR3 and new amp when you can get one. You can get as many guitars as you want, but the amp will be the most important part in your sound.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
If you're a beginner, I recommend the RR3 over the RR5. It's a fine guitar, and more affordable. The main differences are the bridge and the neck design.
If you're looking to play metal, you might appreciate the floating vibrato. And I like bolt-ons because, well, if the neck ever breaks you can screw a new one on!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Hey there, Lou!

Now when it comes to the RR5 and RR3, you have to look at the differences. If they're both stock, the only differences will be that the RR5 is neck through, and the RR3 is bolt on. Personally, I love bolt on guitars, so when I had this predicament I went for the RR3, (plus it was cheaper, and I needed a new amp too!)

Neck through guitars affect the playability and tone, and I'm a bolt on guy. If I were you, I'd get the RR3 and new amp when you can get one. You can get as many guitars as you want, but the amp will be the most important part in your sound

Many Thanks bro.

They're both used! and the price difference is like 150$! ( but honestly they're both in mint condition!)

what do bolt-ons have that make you prefer them?

I've heard that Floyd Rose are very difficult to setup or and when one string goes out of tune the rest will do too!!!
is there any truth to that??

Quote by jthm_guitarist
If you're a beginner, I recommend the RR3 over the RR5. It's a fine guitar, and more affordable. The main differences are the bridge and the neck design.
If you're looking to play metal, you might appreciate the floating vibrato. And I like bolt-ons because, well, if the neck ever breaks you can screw a new one on!

Thanks in advance mate.

I've heard that neck-thru makes a big difference!!!

does it make any difference to the beginners??
If the price difference is only 150$, you REALLY should go for the RR5. Better built, better bridge, better woods, better guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
For 150 difference.

It's a no brainer!!!

Get the RR5.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yes the price difference is almost 150 bucks!

but one thing that makes me ponder is that the guy (owner of rr5) told me he bought this

RR5 when he was in US from ebay for only 599$! (New RR5)

but as far as I know RR5 is almost 1200$!

and he claims that the guitar is made in japan.

I searched ebay and surprisingly found some sellers who sell NEW Jackson RR5 for

around 600$!

Are they reliable?
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
Yes the price difference is almost 150 bucks!

but one thing that makes me ponder is that the guy (owner of rr5) told me he bought this

RR5 when he was in US from ebay for only 599$! (New RR5)

but as far as I know RR5 is almost 1200$!

and he claims that the guitar is made in japan.

I searched ebay and surprisingly found some sellers who sell NEW Jackson RR5 for

around 600$!

Are they reliable?

No the ones that are $600 new are mostlikely CHINEESE COUNTERFEIT guitars. Not all but I'm very leary of a +$1000 guitar selling for 1/2 or less "new"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No the ones that are $600 new are mostlikely CHINEESE COUNTERFEIT guitars. Not all but I'm very leary of a +$1000 guitar selling for 1/2 or less "new"

thanks mate!

but why do they write MADE IN JAPAN???

for instance. take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Randy-Rhoads-RR5FR-New-w-HSCase-/150599293787?pt=Guitar&hash=item23106adb5b

they write made in japan and original seymour duncans and....

if they're chineese why do they clearly say these big lies?
The same reason you can get a chineese Gibson LP that says made in USA in it ..... to sell it to unsuspecting people who are usualy just looking for a good deal, then just get ripped off!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by LORDLUCIFER

I've heard that Floyd Rose are very difficult to setup or and when one string goes out of tune the rest will do too!!!

There is. They are difficult to maintain if you don't have a good FR. There are some differences between the bolt-on and neck-through as well, I prefer neck-through.

Also,

Quote by Tom 1.0
For 150 difference.

It's a no brainer!!!

Get the RR5.

This.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
now I'm not saying that it is a fake, but with the price he said he paid new I' would ask some of the UG Jackson owners for some pointers on how to tell if it is real or not.

Hope this can help you out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by LP_CL
If the price difference is only 150$, you REALLY should go for the RR5. Better built, better bridge, better woods, better guitar.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The same reason you can get a chineese Gibson LP that says made in USA in it ..... to sell it to unsuspecting people who are usualy just looking for a good deal, then just get ripped off!

Yep ,you're right!

There is. They are difficult to maintain if you don't have a good FR. There are some differences between the bolt-on and neck-through as well, I prefer neck-through.

does it make any difficulty for a person who is dummy in technical guitar stuff?

RR5's usually go for 600ish used, so I'd doubt its fake. Just be sure to look for things like the pinstripes and the body shape, those are usually great ways to check if the guitar is legit or not.

What should I check about body? ( the guitar is another city! which is a problem!)

now I'm not saying that it is a fake, but with the price he said he paid new I' would ask some of the UG Jackson owners for some pointers on how to tell if it is real or not.

Hope this can help you out.

Guys, I just recieved a mail from somebody whom I know quite well who lives in US!

I told him about my problem in finding a good original guitar.

and he said he can bring me one next month when he is coming to Iran!

but it should be on ebay! becuase he is superbusy and doesn't have the time to go to shops and official dealers!

and now that I hear that not all of ebay sellers are reliable my trust is being lost !

do you guys have any advice?

is it possible to find a good used ( but in good condition) on ebay??
First off, don't worry about it being fake. the MSRP is about $1100, but the stores sell them for way less, especially if they can't sell them in the first place. I got my mint RR3 used for $300, and it isn't fake. Just because something was bought for a steal, doesn't make it fake.

Quote by LORDLUCIFER
Many Thanks bro.

They're both used! and the price difference is like 150$! ( but honestly they're both in mint condition!)

what do bolt-ons have that make you prefer them?

Ah I forgot there's the RR5 and RR5FR. If I were you I'd get the RR5, just because of the bridge it has.

And bolt-ons I like the feel and the sound a lot more than neck through.

Quote by LP_CL

They're built in the same place, with the same woods.

Quote by LORDLUCIFER

does it make any difficulty for a person who is dummy in technical guitar stuff?

Yes, in my opinion.
Gear:

Ah I forgot there's the RR5 and RR5FR. If I were you I'd get the RR5, just because of the bridge it has.

And bolt-ons I like the feel and the sound a lot more than neck through.

And I forgot to say that my options are RR3 and RR5FR!

and as you're saying

Yes, in my opinion.

are both guitars gonna make problems for me?!!!

I'm really confused here!

By the way,

another option came today!

a used ESP Alexi Laiho LTD 600!

which has dings on the wings!

how about this one!

This one has also Floyds!
Quote by MetalHeadMat

They're built in the same place, with the same woods.

The fact that they are made in the same place doesn't mean that they're made from the same grade of wood quality. I find the 5 series to be more resonant and having more sustain than most of the 3's i've played.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by burnboy85
RR5's usually go for 600ish used, so I'd doubt its fake. Just be sure to look for things like the pinstripes and the body shape, those are usually great ways to check if the guitar is legit or not.

He said this guy bought it "NEW" for $600 not "USED" for $600, so I would have to say "FAKE"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
And I forgot to say that my options are RR3 and RR5FR!

and as you're saying

are both guitars gonna make problems for me?!!!

I'm really confused here!

By the way,

another option came today!

a used ESP Alexi Laiho LTD 600!

which has dings on the wings!

how about this one!

This one has also Floyds!

Now I'm confused, is it an RR5 or an RR5FR? If it's an RR5, I'd get that for the Tune O Matic bridge, if it's an RR5FR I'd get the RR3.

Quote by LP_CL
The fact that they are made in the same place doesn't mean that they're made from the same grade of wood quality. I find the 5 series to be more resonant and having more sustain than most of the 3's i've played.

I didn't mean that since they're made in the same place they use the same woods, I mean they're made in the same factory so they both have the same quality.

And so do I, because they're neck through. Sustain is definitely a huge factor due to having a neck through guitar, and I admit the 5's have greater resonance, but I'm not going to say that's due to neck through since I don't know that for fact, (but since they're made with the exact same tools and specs, I'd assume it).
Gear:

Now I'm confused, is it an RR5 or an RR5FR? If it's an RR5, I'd get that for the Tune O Matic bridge, if it's an RR5FR I'd get the RR3.

It's RR5FR VS RR3!

OK so I'm not thinking about the RR5FR anymore!!

But how about ESP Alexi Laiho LTD 600 VS JACKSON RR3???? ( By the way! I'm really surprised by the light weight of the ESP!!!!)

could you help me make a good decision??

And if I upload photos of the RR3 can anyone help me find out if it's made in japan or not?

get the rr5, brother. why? i hate trems!

even if it's chineese?
rr3 and rr5 or rr5fr should both be made in japan.

if they're not, they're fakes.

rr5 and rr5fr are better. if you can get either for only a slight upcharge over the rr3, you should do so (as long as you aren't bankrupting yourself, obviously).

simple.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
rr3 and rr5 or rr5fr should both be made in japan.

if they're not, they're fakes.

rr5 and rr5fr are better. if you can get either for only a slight upcharge over the rr3, you should do so (as long as you aren't bankrupting yourself, obviously).

simple.

The problem is that RR5FR seems to be fake!!!

Any ideas about ESP ALexi LTD 600??
dunno, but signature models tend to be dear for what they are.

yeah i mean if the rr5fr is fake then avoid it, obviously
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
The problem is that RR5FR seems to be fake!!!

Any ideas about ESP ALexi LTD 600??

I highly doubt the RR5FR is fake. If it's a discontinued colour, then that price makes sense completely. People have to come up with better excuses than "it's cheaper so it's fake" to judge a guitar on it's authenticity.

Plus, why spend $200 to sell a guitar for $600? Just put the "Made In USA" under the logo and it's a $1800 guitar off the bat.
Gear:

why is the rr5 suddenly fake?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
no idea i just took his word for it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I highly doubt the RR5FR is fake. If it's a discontinued colour, then that price makes sense completely. People have to come up with better excuses than "it's cheaper so it's fake" to judge a guitar on it's authenticity.

Plus, why spend $200 to sell a guitar for $600? Just put the "Made In USA" under the logo and it's a $1800 guitar off the bat.

it was the typical black color.

I purchased the RR3 anyway!

And I'm considering a Roland Cube15 Amp.. (still doubtfull about it)

why is the rr5 suddenly fake?

It was a guess for the price!
get a cube 30 instead, it's better
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
get a cube 30 instead, it's better

The problem is that every single damn amp in Iran is at least twice more expensive than anywhere else.

the price for cube30 is like 430$
oh ok

what about a microcube or something like that?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok

what about a microcube or something like that?

Do you have any recommendations mate?

can a microcube work good for me?

I have almost 220$ for amp and Line 6 spider 15w is affordable for me but I'm unsure
about the sound!
it can, but it doesn't get super-loud as it's only 2 watts. But, personally, i think it sounds better than the cube 15 which can sound a bit sterile (it has stompbox models rather than amp models, and I like the amp models better).

a lot of people (myself included) think the spider sounds a bit "digital". Now, I'm not too familiar with prices where you are, and if it's under budget and nothing else decent is, you can certainly do a lot worse.

maybe also consider (if they're under budget) the peavey vypyr, vox valvetronix and fender mustang?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it can, but it doesn't get super-loud as it's only 2 watts. But, personally, i think it sounds better than the cube 15 which can sound a bit sterile (it has stompbox models rather than amp models, and I like the amp models better).

a lot of people (myself included) think the spider sounds a bit "digital". Now, I'm not too familiar with prices where you are, and if it's under budget and nothing else decent is, you can certainly do a lot worse.

maybe also consider (if they're under budget) the peavey vypyr, vox valvetronix and fender mustang?

I saw some dude covering Angels Don't Kill (COB) and he had gone through a Roland Cube30x and I loved that sound!

I guess I should save some bucks!
it's weird how punctuation changes the way you read things! I just read this whole thread and it feels very urgent! like I am on the run and we are on the run and we need to read to decide which RR to get or we will die!

get the RR5FR!
Quote by StanleyBaby!
it's weird how punctuation changes the way you read things! I just read this whole thread and it feels very urgent! like I am on the run and we are on the run and we need to read to decide which RR to get or we will die!

get the RR5FR!

Exactly! it was a case of hurry couple of days ago!

but not now!
=======================================

I've made a decision!

I'm gonna purchase iRig! and use it with my PC speakers!

and then start saving budget!

Hope it works!!!!

does anyone here have an iRig?
Buy a RR5, neck through construction is great, moreover, fixed bridges are MUCH more suitable for beginners. And finally, I think that RR5 is more beautiful!
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
I saw some dude covering Angels Don't Kill (COB) and he had gone through a Roland Cube30x and I loved that sound!

I guess I should save some bucks!

yeah, i mean if you can save for it, and it doesn't eat into your budget for more important purchases, then it's a nice amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2