Will a higher action guitar make it easier mute certain strings for example while playing power chords or octaves? Considering highering my action/buying an extra guitar with higher action if this is the case. If this is a stupid question I am sorry Ta in advance
I like to play a bit of both really, the probably is that at the moment my action is very low and to play something like cant stop by red hot chilli peppers where you must mute every string but the one note its really difficult.
Slow down, practice properly and improve your muscle memory to hit those notes. Don't be lazy and waste money on a new guitar or potentially ruining a perfect set-up.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
**** the set up, fool round with it until you find what's comfortable for you. A perfect set-up is worth nothing if you don't like it.
actually i find it harder for me poersonally. the reason is i need to fret the strings i am fretting OVER the ones i am trying to mute. it creates a mountain for my fngers to get over so to speak. with a shorter action, i find it easier to fret the strings i want perfectly while still keeping the muted strings on a fleshy part of my hand. i dunno.

i recently experienced this problem on my acoustic (way higher action than my electric). i lowered the bridge saddle and its WAY less of an issue now.

i dont reallyhave this issues on electrics.
Higher action does encourage more precise playing and is why lots of pros use higher action than you might think. But the best action is always what's most comfortable for you. If you know you're sloppy and struggle to play well with low action, raise it. If you're finding it hard to play smoothly and quickly on high action, lower it. That's all there is to it. A medium action of about 2.5mm is a good starting point and raise or lower it as you see fit.