So recently, I found out style wasn't only what happened theoritically.
So now I need a quick but good way to analyze someones technical.
Where do I need to pay attention at?
watch them and listen to them i geuss
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
watch them and listen to them i geuss

Yes I know Van Halen uses 2 string chords which are change alot with lead fills etc,.
But that was being told to me.
So I need something like a check list or something.
No answer is good enough. You don't pay attention. So you need to pay attention to nothing.

Nothing is going to help you. You are still all over the place and still know nothing. But keep posting, because one day after countless wasted posts, either people will stop taking you seriously and ignore you once and for all, or you'll finally figure at least that part out.

This is something that myself and countless others have in one way or the other tried to tell you since you started posting here, and then you turn around and start offering incorrect advice to others who are as lost as you are, and the cycle continues. Sorry that my words are so harsh, but Im equally sorry to see anyone that dares listen to what you are offering, because its predicated upon ignorance. If you want to be "sick" fine, but please stop spreading it around to anyone else that's trying to get better.

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913
No answer is good enough. You don't pay attention. So you need to pay attention to nothing.

Nothing is going to help you. You are still all over the place and still know nothing. But keep posting, because one day after countless wasted posts, either people will stop taking you seriously and ignore you once and for all, or you'll finally figure at least that part out.

This is something that myself and countless others have in one way or the other tried to tell you since you started posting here, and then you turn around and start offering incorrect advice to others who are as lost as you are, and the cycle continues. Sorry that my words are so harsh, but Im equally sorry to see anyone that dares listen to what you are offering, because its predicated upon ignorance. If you want to be "sick" fine, but please stop spreading it around to anyone else that's trying to get better.

Sean

You're pretty much a dick.
You said you were never ever going to post on my topics again but you do read them.
Just waiting all the time for a topic to post a rant...
Quote by liampje
Yes I know Van Halen uses 2 string chords which are change alot with lead fills etc,.
But that was being told to me.
So I need something like a check list or something.

just learn the music.

When you can play the music, you'll have something to analyze. Then you can make your own check list if you really need it, though at that point you'd have the experience to know and probably wouldn't need it.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 15, 2011,
Quote by GuitarMunky
just learn the music.

When you can play the music, you'll have something to analyze. Then you can make your own check list if you really need it, though at that point you'd have the experience to know and probably wouldn't need it.

Ok I will thanks.
But the only thing is that Vai ( I refer to him alot so get used to it) has a completely different style every freaking album.
The only thing that remains the same is his melodic phrasing.
I don't really understand your question. Are you asking just how to analyse someone's playing style in order to better imitate it? If so, just listen for specific aspects of their playing that you really like and practice them. It's pretty simple. Learn some of their songs and try to figure out how/why they wrote it and eventually you'll be able to write and play more like them
I hate my sig
Yeah Liam, make a check list...have fun with that.

You can call me what you want, but behavior like that speaks volumes more about you, than me. You're the one that's still yet to learn anything. While you're on this idea about lists, go back and count the times people have given you advice...not only people...but people that know their theory, people that are rarely challenged as to the accuracy of their knowledge and understanding....

1. go to your profile
2. click your posting history
3. come back and post how many instances there have been where people told you that you needed to go start at the beginning.

While you call me names because I dare to speak plainly to you, and you don't like what I have to say, the mountain of people that have told you the same thing, stands in silent testimony that what I've been saying, is the truth.

The problem, is that you apparently have the attention span of a ferret.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913

The problem, is that you apparently have the attention span of a ferret.

As a ferret owner, I take exception to that.
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
Quote by Guppy_Odyssey
As a ferret owner, I take exception to that.

Quote by liampje
Ok I will thanks.
But the only thing is that Vai ( I refer to him alot so get used to it) has a completely different style every freaking album.
The only thing that remains the same is his melodic phrasing.

You're placing Vai on too high a pedestal here. I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but I know him well enough to recognise when he's playing on a track. He ALWAYS sounds like, err, Vai.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud