I want to get a new electric acoustic guitar for my birthday and i don't know what to get. I went to a store nearby and shortlisted three:
-washburn D10sce, EA12 and D10s
which do you guys think is the best?
any suggestions on which to get?
thankss!
Last edited by JTheng at May 17, 2011,
Well you should say your budget price range...what type of music you play, and what you prefer in guitars tonally and such. Then we can pitch in to help you
why washburn?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Sorry I'm all new in this whole guitar thing :P
Budget: 300-400 USD
I play all kinds of music, pop songs n stuff
Washburn Coz that's the only ones I see in the store nearby, any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
not true - ibanez make guitars that are all about looks, but their tone isn't as good as some other brands, and they're not the best value, either.

i'd say that the best guitars in your price far as tone, quality and value goes are seagull, yamaha (not the apx series), recording king and blueridge.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
i see, thanks a million!
what about fender? just curious, want to know more about different brands.
fender isn't known for making high quality acoustics, although they do have a couple that aren't bad for entry level solid top. i haven't found them to be as high quality tonewise or buildwise as the brands i listed above.
Quote by Skeet UK
So apparently they don't have seagull n stuff -.-
So I guess I'm narrowing it down to
-D10sce washburn
-ael10e ibanez
-ael20e ibanez
-fender cd100 fender
Which 1 do u guys think is best?
I'm saving for a Martin acoustic, but they are very expensive! Other great acoustic guitars are Gibson, but even they are expensive, and they don't live up to the same standard as their electric guitars does, in my opinion. Not to mention, I prefer the Martin's as acoustic guitars.

The one I have now is a Fender, and I think you could get a Fender for that budget easily It's down to what you prefer the most, not what WE think is best. If it was up to me, I'd go with one of the more established brands, that have been at it longer when it comes to acoustic guitars. My two cents.

I'd say, go with the Fender. They're pretty good too!
Last edited by icep at May 17, 2011,
that's a rough list - if i HAD to choose, i'd take the washburn as it's the only one with a solid top. if there were a fender solid top in the list, i'd go for that before any on the list, but the fender you listed is all lam. the fender CD280SCE and CD360SCE might be better than the ones you have listed - fender solid tops aren't the best, but they have more presence and volume than ibanez or all lam fenders.

if it were me, i'd do some more research and buy online - a seagull s6, yamaha fg730s or seagull entourage mini jumbo come to mind.
Quote by Skeet UK
Very good recommendations as always Patticake. I agree with everything, except I would probably include the Yamaha FG700 up to the 730. They're still good guitars.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
i prefer the sound of the 730, and since it's within his budget, i figure why not recommend the better sounding guitar? there's nothing wrong with the 700.

Quote by RockinSince1993
Very good recommendations as always Patticake. I agree with everything, except I would probably include the Yamaha FG700 up to the 730. They're still good guitars.
Quote by Skeet UK