Hey everyone,
I was asked to play in an event, which takes place in a library. The playing is obviously going to be with the acoustic guitar. Since I'm not really a singer, I'm going to play instrumentals. But nothing comes up my mind. Anyone knows something good for such event? And I've been playing for almost 3 years, just to let know, how difficult pieces you can suggest. And last thing, the event is going to take place 27 May, so don't give too hard songs. Thanks!
In library eh...?

4:33.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Yea, in a library. Ideal would be some jazz improvisation, but unfortunately, I can't do that.
Just two off the top of my head:
Led Zeppelin - Bron-Yur-Aur
Jefferson Airplane - Embryonic Journey

not sure if this is the type of stuff your looking for but give it a try.
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Pachelbel's Canon in D - there's some great guitar versions on YouTube
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
This sounds like a nightmare in the making. If you don't know anything that would be appropriate for a library, I'd just play chords to songs without words, and be background music, because people will be basically hearing it like elevator music. Use chords and dynamics to set a mood, because if you don't know finger style, and chord melody, then that's that. You cant do anything else except use your instrument to create atmosphere and texture...and if people are there doing other things and you aren't the focus, that should be enough.

Best,

Sean
Fortunately, I don't have to play there non-stop, just a few songs. I thought, maybe ''Going home'' from bleach soundtrack, seems like appropriate. And something like jazz or bossanova, found something on youtube.
Last edited by Ints92 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by Ints92
Fortunately, I don't have to play there non-stop, just a few songs. I thought, maybe ''Going home'' from bleach soundtrack, seems like appropriate. And something like jazz or bossanova, found something on youtube.

Wow that's a pretty good piece there. I don't watch animé that much so I have never heard it before. Playing some bossa nova also seems like a good idea. Here are some of my favorites:

The Girl From Ipanema
Corcovado
Clouds
Desafinado

Some ideas maybe.
I can't improvise jazz neither bossanova, but learning a few songs shouldn't be too hard.
Honestly, you should play "The Call of Ktulu" by Metallica which should spark some literary interest. If it's no one appreciates what you're doing, call Cthulu up and see how he feels about it.
Library eh?

Turn the Page - Bob Seeger/Metallica
Paperback Writer - The Beatles
At the Library - Green Day
Every Day I Write the Book - Elvis Costello
Lady Writer - Dire Straits

Alternatively play ANY song until some lady with glasses goes SHHHHH, and you stop.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud