Yeah, so exam time is looming on all of us non Britons (on the Britons as well, as it happens, but they already have a thread), and I personally am not really feeling that worried.

I'm taking the French Baccalaureat Spécialité Littéraire (Literature emphasis), and hoping to get at least a 13/20 average across the board. I need that 13 to get accepted into Cardiff University for my Law and French course.

I'm not actually French either, just been living here for 4 years.

What about everyone else?

OH and a very GOOD LUCK WISHED TO EVERYONE DOING SO THIS YEAR!

Disclaimer: This thread may wither and die very quickly.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Last edited by Dawginator at May 15, 2011,
I'm taking the Polish Matura exam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matura). Which I'm basically done with, except for the oral exam in Polish. I already aced my exams in English, and am hoping for somewhere around 60% on my extended level exams in Math and Physics. Hoping to get accepted into the Wrocław University of Technology, with those.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
- Chemistry 2 (Year 13 level.)
- Norwegian bokmål (Mandatory for all year 13 students.)
- Norwegian nynorsk (Proof that there might be no merciful god around...)

I posted the same in the UK thread as well

I'm doing "studieforberedende program med realfag" (Study preparation program with natural sciences.)

I wanted Chemistry and Maths, but got Chemistry and Nynorsk.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Woohoo, Cardiff university!

I'm studying Computer Science there next year after completing my IT National Diploma !
Quote by StillCantPlay
Woohoo, Cardiff university!

I'm studying Computer Science there next year after completing my IT National Diploma !

I smell a pint being drunk!

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Leaving Cert in Ireland here!

Need 460 points for college in Dublin.

So I'm doing the logical thing and spending my days in the Pit.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
May I show my complete naivity and ask what exactly is Year 13? Us southern-hemispherians only go to Year 12. Good luck to everyone regardless
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
im doing my 3rd year uni exams and some of the mark from this year counts towards my final degree grade and i want to do a PhD so im trying to work my ass off but i just end up watching pokemon
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by AliceinChains10
Leaving Cert in Ireland here!

Need 460 points for college in Dublin.

So I'm doing the logical thing and spending my days in the Pit.

ucd?
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by miss_muso~
May I show my complete naivity and ask what exactly is Year 13? Us southern-hemispherians only go to Year 12. Good luck to everyone regardless

I guess if you split Year 12 into two? I mean, we (when I was in the UK) had Lower and Upper Sixth form.

In France it goes, Maternelle, CE1, CE2, CM1, CM2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Terminale. But you can redo years here if you don't do too well. I redid 3eme when I moved here just to pick up the lingo.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by miss_muso~

It's actually year 3 in the upper secondary education. Similar to the level of freshman students in the US. We have:

Compulsary:
- 7 years of mandatory primary education
- 3 years of mandatory lower secondary education

And then three options: (Upper secondary education.)
- 2 years of vocational school + 2 years as a trainee
- 3 years of general studies, with either focus on natural sciences, art, social studies or economy related studies
- 3 years of a programme for music, dance and drama (choosing one later on...)
- 3 years of a sports programme

The three latter give a general certification that allows you to apply for universities in Norway. Some programmes require for instance natural science math or that you've taken the music programme in upper secondary.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found