Id like some information on this, are their colleges you go to for this?

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right spot, but oh well.
Lots of schools around the States. Some people love them some people hate them. They're usually expensive but they will teach you everything you need to know and they'll teach you well. You also probably learn on tools that are so incredible you'll never be able to actually get them in your shop.

Most people have learned on their own outside of schooling. Sites like this and books by guys like Dan Erlewine are great resources. Best thing you can do is get an idea of repair on your own and then see if you can apprentice at a local shop for a bit.
Honestly, it would probably be cheaper to buy yourself a bunch of guitars/bits of shitty wood and just build and repair some guitars yourself. Then you can get a feel of coming up with designs yourself.
Take some basic woodworking classes... That will help you learn about the tools, wood, wood grain, carving, measuring, etc. This will be a solid foundation.
Nah dude... Its called the Musicians Institute in Hollywood california.. Its A school about the contemporary rock. its where i wanna go, but i wanna go there for the Guitar class. They have a Guitar Craft class and a degree for it i think.
Work your ass off to get work with a good Luthier. They'll teach you things no school can teach and you'll benefit greatly from it. It wont be easy, but if your serious its the best way to do it.
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.
Someone on here once told me that the only way to make a million in luthiery, is to start off with two.
I assure you its brilliant!
I'd say the best way is to do an apprenticeship with a Luthier. Find a well respected one near you and ask them.

If you want to be qualified and have the money to go to one of the colleges/schools then do. I'd say find a teacher, buy the books, do it the nitty gritty way.

When you're good I believe there's some test you can do to become a Martin Certified Repairman/Luthier or something. Every craftsman in that area I've come across, the first thing they boast about is not what college they went to or who they trained with, its that they're certified to fix Martins.
Quote by Metacaster
Someone on here once told me that the only way to make a million in luthiery, is to start off with two.

Agreed. I used to be a guitar tech and I tell you what, there isn't much money in it for most guys. I read a few books on guitar repair, built a guitar, and was an apprentice at a shop to learn how to do it and I now believe that those who make real money being a guitar tech/luthier are the ones employed by those who have a bazillion dollars and can afford a tech to re-string their guitars before shows.