Poll: What amp for classic rock, Hendrix, Red Hot Chili tone?
Poll Options
View poll results: What amp for classic rock, Hendrix, Red Hot Chili tone?
Orange Rocker 30 combo
3 25%
Orange Thunder 30 combo
4 33%
Marshall JCM 800
5 42%
Other- PLEASE STATE
0 0%
Voters: 12.
Sorry, this should be my last thread concerning what amp. I just need a QUICK response as there is an amp I can buy now, and not later.

I play classic rock and rock in general.

Cleans are important- I like them a little dirty but sometimes very clean(Rocker 30 needs to be cranked to get grit I believe)

I play Hendrix, cream, Red Hot Chili Peppers, g n r etc

I like the overdrive channel to be fatter and rounded. Not thin

I can't test them as there is nowhere near me available.

I could get the thunder 30 tonight. Its a little ugly looking but if it sounds good for my style...

Thanks guys,

Luke.
They all need to be cranked to get clean/grit.

I voted Rocker as I feel the gain on it is nicer than that of the Thunder, the cleans are also my favourite cleans of the three up there, though with an EQ pedal you can always adjust it to more your liking. To be fair the Thunder is a very good amp and I am sure Becky will post in here to say the same as I have, but replace rocker with thunder I just think the Rocker is nicer.

Depending on what model JCM800 you get, ie not a 2203, you could end up with a shocker.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ok excellent thank you.

I've just been looking at loads of clips on youtube...they all end up sounding similar on laptop speakers!! Sorry for all my threads.

I play a MIM strat with stock pickups. Apparently its depentant on your pups to get a good clean tone? I'm sure an eq pedal will sort that if so.

But yeah I think my minds made up. Thank you. I'm sick of looking for amps. And I love talking about amps.

EDIT:

How much would you pay for a Rocker 30 and the 1x12 extention cab?

Would it be worth doing so? thanks!

Also could you take a look at this please and tell me what you think?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442192
Last edited by moominman2 at May 15, 2011,
that one on ebay?

Well I would say about £450 - 500 ish, the cab is only a cheapy 112 iirc but its a nice looking deal, I was tempted until I remembered I was buying a car!

Offer him £475 and I reckon he would say yes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb