Provided there's anyone left outside the pit...

Can any of you fellow UGers provide me with some good bands and songs that fit into the glorious scene of Alternative music from the 90's (Preferably from America, or England)...?

For example, these are some of the bands I listen to:
Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, early RHCP, Butthole Surfers, Ministry.

Please let me know if you have anything to share! thanks
Hmm thanks but I'm looking for something a bit more "rocky" if you know what i mean...i already quite like the S.P. though
Pavement
The Jesus Lizard
My Bloody Valentine
Sonic Youth
Ride
The Vaselines
The Silver Jews
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I take it you're into the mainstream kind of alternative from the nineties, like these:

Third Eye Blind
Beck
Blind Melon
Cranberries
Everclear
Green Day
Pearl Jam
Offspring
Pixies
Spin Doctors
Weezer
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Eve 6
Filter
Screaming Trees
Mudhoney
TOADIES
The Refreshments
Stabbing Westward
Stone Temple Pilots
Days of the New
Silverchair
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Soundgarden
Oleandor
Clutch
Pennywise
Meat Puppets
Seven Mary Three
Local H
Tripping Daisy
Spacehog
Collective Soul
Better Than Ezra
Mad Season
Our Lady Peace
Jimmies Chicken Shack

Well there's a few off the top of my head, should getcha' started.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Screaming trees
Mark Lanegan
Nick Cave & the bad seeds
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Archers of Loaf
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Local H

because not enough people realize they're great.

Mudhoney
Tad
Screaming Trees
L7
and all the other forgotten Seattleites.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Screaming trees
Mark Lanegan
Nick Cave & the bad seeds

How'd I know you'd be the one to post Lanegan & the Screaming Trees?
Quote by iwannabesedated
How'd I know you'd be the one to post Lanegan & the Screaming Trees?

Because I'm one of the only people that ever brings up Lanegans work.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by eazy-c
Pavement
The Jesus Lizard
My Bloody Valentine
Sonic Youth
Ride
The Vaselines
The Silver Jews

This +
Pixies
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Radiohead
I'm very surprised no one said Nirvana. I've heard all the bands that came to mind except that one.

Dinosaur Jr? No?
I now have a lot of music to go through thanks y'all!

P.S. I already like Radiohead a lot!
Thinkin Fellers Local 287
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Silkworm
Cheer-Accident
Eric's Trip

Enjoy
i am the moonstar
Ocean Colour Scene, some of their songs are really laid back with a summery feel yet some of their other songs are really upbeat :P
I'll try not to repeat any. Ride, Catherine Wheel, and Swervedriver were pretty good at maneuvering the grungier side of shoegaze.

Love Battery went kind of the opposite way and added a psychedelic feel to grunge.

Kyuss, the ultimate stoner rock band. Pretty much a grungier, more Zeppelin-influenced Queens of the Stone Age.
Quote by dkeenan
I'm very surprised no one said Nirvana. I've heard all the bands that came to mind except that one.

Dinosaur Jr? No?

Dino Jr is a great band, but their best stuff is from the 80s.

Except for Without a Sound. An incredibly underrated album.
Quote by skmelanie
I'll try not to repeat any. Ride, Catherine Wheel, and Swervedriver were pretty good at maneuvering the grungier side of shoegaze.

Love Battery went kind of the opposite way and added a psychedelic feel to grunge.

Kyuss, the ultimate stoner rock band. Pretty much a grungier, more Zeppelin-influenced Queens of the Stone Age.

Not just Love Battery. Screaming Trees and even Alice in Chains to a certain extent did too.