http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH091MnyKrk

at 10:24 he like makes a noise with hitting the note I think it's something like hitting all strings while muting them but when I try it It doesn't sound like how he does it (i know the technique and i use it in my own playing but I have no idea what its called but the way he does it sounds nothing like the way I do it)

btw this is a loomis solo so if somebody could direct me to another solo where he does this type of thing it would be much appreciated cuz it sounds sick
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Almost just sounds like a slide or some random fuzziness. More or a playing quirk than a 'technique', I'd say.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
It doesn't sound like him when you do it because for a start you're not Jeff Loomis and for a second you're not playing through several thousand dollars worth of gear.

He is likely using: Schecter Loomis 7, Engl Savage head, Matching Engl cab, a home studio that would cost tens of thousands of dollars...

You're just not going to get that kind of sound out of the gear you have in your sig.

Quote by Hail
Almost just sounds like a slide or some random fuzziness. More or a playing quirk than a 'technique', I'd say.

No, what he's doing is actually very common: he's muting all the strings apart from the one he wants to sound and raking through all the strings below that before he hits a bend, a bit like this:

e|-----10b12-
b|----X------
g|---X-------
d|--X--------
a|-X---------
e|-----------
b|-----------

Just replace the bend I've got in there with whatever it is he's playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at May 15, 2011,
Damn that sucks, thanks for the help though.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.