Poll: Beards?
Poll Options
View poll results: Beards?
I have one.
127 40%
I am not old enough to have one, but I want to grow one.
53 17%
I am enough to have one, but I don't have one.
120 38%
I am not old enough to have one, and I do not want to grow one.
15 5%
Voters: 315.
Page 1 of 3
What do you all think of beards? I tend to grow a full beard but keep it trimmed and neat. Lately, I've been trimming it down to 3/8 of an inch. (A little less than one centimeter for you people on the metric system.) I never let it grow longer than a few weeks either.

For your enjoyment, here's a funny link.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2GunTN/www.geekologie.com/2010/04/22/beards-full.jpg

So, do you have a beard? If not, are you old enough to grow one? If you are old enough to grow a beard and do not have one, why not? Is it because of the ladies, or maybe it's because of work, etc.?

Discuss.

Edit: Sorry, didn't include a "I'm a women" option on the poll. And we'll count stubble as a beard.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 15, 2011,
There's no option there for me; I am old enough to grow one, but am not able to grow one longer than Shaggy's.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I have a full beard, and I too, keep it trimmed. I have it at a No. 1 on my trimmer.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
There's no option on the poll for me either, I don't have enough testosterone to grow one.

Personally I don't mind a bit of stubble but I don't like full-grown beards. They're itchy. I don't want to get prickled when I try and kiss someone.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There's no option on the poll for me either, I don't have enough testosterone to grow one.

Personally I don't mind a bit of stubble but I don't like full-grown beards. They're itchy. I don't want to get prickled when I try and kiss someone.

Fortunately anyone with a full beard is gay. So it's not something you have to worry about.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'm trying to grow a beard at the moment but it's not coming out very well. It seems fair haired men are doomed to bald faces
If I could grow one I would. I feel like I should be able to at the age of 21, but alas...
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Beards are unpleasant. A tiny tiny tiny bit of stubble can look good though.

stratkat
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Fortunately anyone with a full beard is gay. So it's not something you have to worry about.

What a gross overgeneralization. Seriously...even if you don't like beards, I think you can say it without being a dick.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Well I never.
Quote by Dawginator
I have a full beard, and I too, keep it trimmed. I have it at a No. 1 on my trimmer.

Same
I'm 20 and I only grow shitty little bits of stubble and a moustache so I don't bother. Plus I look quite young so I wouldn't suit one anyway.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SMH07
I'm 20 and I only grow shitty little bits of stubble and a moustache so I don't bother. Plus I look quite young so I wouldn't suit one anyway.

I have the same problem.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by dweb23
Same

For the record, I'm not gay either. I'm bi.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by SMH07

Pretty much the same here. Except a year younger
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What a gross overgeneralization. Seriously...even if you don't like beards, I think you can say it without being a dick.

No no, I have to agree with him. EVERYONE with a beard is a homo. You really should do some research before you start shouting opinions.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I usually shave like once a month, unless I really notice whenever I look in a mirror that it looks dirty. I don't get much hair around the lip but my neck and chin are getting fuller.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

What's wrong with being gay, homophobe?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I'm 15, the most I can do is grow the sketchiest looking mexi-scum-stache, with a little bit of peach fuzz on the chin. >__>

I don't necessarily want to grow one though, a beard would look really weird on me.
My beard as of the moment looks pubish, so I don't grow it out. I'm 16.

I will grow one someday though.
I have a goatee which I keep trimmed fairly short. I'm 16.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I can hardly grow any facial hair and i'm 18. I've given up all hope of becoming a man (growing a beard).

/dirt stache
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I have a full beard minus the neck that I keep even, but I'm letting it grow right now.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I have stubble, but not a beard. I'd like to give it a go some time though, it'd only take me a week to grow a Gandalf beard though. The only reason I really have a stubble is because to prevent it I'd have to shave every morning and every night.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I've always gotten the opposite complaint. I shave withe the grain because I like the little grey bit of stubble thing going on. but it's the stubble that girls complain about scratching them. when it's longer it doesn't poke or scrape really. kinda like a buzzed head vs a crew cut.
#DTWD
Not sure if my facial hair is a beard or not, it grows nice though.

The kids at my pre-school says it's not a beard since it's not white. Also I don't get milk moustaches, just moustaches.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I try but it just looks like i've got pubes growing out of my chin.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I get it, you have a huge beard, right?

EDIT: **** that shit; you're the TS...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
My beard is faarrrr from full grown. It's finally getting some harder and longer and darker coloured hairs, hehe. Cause I'm only 16...

Anyways, I'll take a short beard when I'm older, something like this:

http://www.impactlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/beard-537.jpg

or this:

http://flashyourstache.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/adrien_grenier_beard.jpg

And when googling for "Short Beard" I also found some guy who could definately be me in a few years, it's really strange to find something like that xD

http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections5/nico.jpg
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What's wrong with being gay, homophobe?
Nothing. I'm just saying, having a beard is not synonymous with being gay OR being straight. Now, can we cut that bull already? Cuz it's not really funny.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Nothing. I'm just saying, having a beard is not synonymous with being gay OR being straight. Now, can we cut that bull already? Cuz it's not really funny.

I suddenly find myself greatly concerned with the plight of the bearded community.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

umad.png
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me

Mine's sort of like Hetfield's except shorter and I'm working on a 'tache.

EDIT: And mine's dark blonde, not white.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at May 15, 2011,
Beard's aren't gay, staches are, and even they're not gay.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
There's no option there for me; I am old enough to grow one, but am not able to grow one longer than Shaggy's.

This exactly.
I usually let stubble grow out for a couple of days and then shave. When I do grow it out around finals it's annoying as ****.
Page 1 of 3