Page 1 of 2
I have been testing swirl paintjobs for quite a while now, and I am proud to say that I believe that i have got swirling down to a professional standard. If anyone is interested in getting their guitar swirled, just PM me or reply to this thread
just curious if you could post some pics of your work or a site that we can view them at?
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi

These are some swirl designs on test woods

This is the first guitar that I did for a friend of mine
Do you also do normal spray jobs?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
I have a warlock that needs painting white
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
I've got a strat style body that I did a horrible "vintage tint" finish on. The wood is pretty dull (grain-wise) so I'm looking to get is resprayed in a solid colour. Orange FTW!

How much to remove the current finish and finish is glossy orange?
Refinishing costs are £45 + postage. This price will include any minor dents to the wood to be filled and matched in if need be. If there is any major damage to the wood, PM me some pics and i'll get back to you.
Cool, will let you know as Im interested, but the ends need srting out
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
okay, if you send me a PM on what you need sorted and pics, i'll let you know the accurate price
just thought i'd add that the guitars will receive a professional set up after painted.
Pm'd
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
If I was just to give you the body (strat style) and no hardward, electronics or neck, would it be any cheaper as you wouldn't be doing any setup work?
hmm, i guess i could knock off a fiver if you did not want a setup so it's £40 + postage.
BTW Have you got any photos of your work that aren't on Facebook? I can't access them at work.
Cheers
Quote by haha5940

These are some swirl designs on test woods

This is the first guitar that I did for a friend of mine

do these pictures work? I only have pictures of the swirls because swirling takes alot of trial and error, and it helped me on getting the technique right. I don't have any pictures of a solid colour guitar I have done, however I could get my friend to send me a photo of his strat copy that I painted in black with a maple fretboard (he's really into eric clapton )
Is like to see an example, and if happy will send it over :-)
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Quote by haha5940
do these pictures work? I only have pictures of the swirls because swirling takes alot of trial and error, and it helped me on getting the technique right. I don't have any pictures of a solid colour guitar I have done, however I could get my friend to send me a photo of his strat copy that I painted in black with a maple fretboard (he's really into eric clapton )

No mate, they're blocked as I work in a school.
okay, my friends sending me an email with the picture, and I will upload it onto an image uplading website
oh i just thought that i'll be able to upload straight on here right? I'll give it a go when I get the email
I think you have link on this sub-forum. You can't embed images here for some reason.
Looks decent to me. So you can fill corners of pointy guitars in?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Quote by avenge the rage
Looks decent to me. So you can fill corners of pointy guitars in?

yep, i can fill in any dings anywhere on the guitar, and match it up so that it'll look like brand new when it's finished
Ok cool. Il send it over. When can I send it?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Will get them Saturday mate
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
@haha5940
I'm just working on a couple of things on my strat (neck-pocket, neck angle etc). Once I'm happy with all that, I'd like to get a price off you.
I'd like my strat body stripped and repainted yellow with black "competition stripes". Like this - http://www.stratoblogster.com/2009/06/strat-for-friday-130-custom-shop.html
Is that something you can do?
Also, my pickguard screw holes didn't match up with the ones that were already in the body so I had to drill new ones. Unfortunately, two of the holes had to be so close to eachother that they don't quite line up. If I were to send you the pickguard, would you be albe to fill in the obselete holes and fill in the two that are almost on top of eachother, then re-drill that one hole before you paint it. I wouldn't want to get the body back from you and risk cracking the finish.
Hope that all makes sense.

I'll take some photos and PM them too you, which should better help clarify my point.

Cheers,
Will
Quote by badgerific
Hey, have you had any experience with nitrocellulose? Would you be willing to do my Squier Duo-Sonic using nitrocellulose lacquers and if so how much?

Yes, i normally use nitrocellulose lacquer because it is a light lacquer, and lets the guitar vibrate more than other clear coats. would you be wanting the guitar to be painted, or just want the nitrocellulose lacquers applied?

Quote by machin05
@haha5940
I'm just working on a couple of things on my strat (neck-pocket, neck angle etc). Once I'm happy with all that, I'd like to get a price off you.
I'd like my strat body stripped and repainted yellow with black "competition stripes". Like this - http://www.stratoblogster.com/2009/06/strat-for-friday-130-custom-shop.html
Is that something you can do?
Also, my pickguard screw holes didn't match up with the ones that were already in the body so I had to drill new ones. Unfortunately, two of the holes had to be so close to eachother that they don't quite line up. If I were to send you the pickguard, would you be albe to fill in the obselete holes and fill in the two that are almost on top of eachother, then re-drill that one hole before you paint it. I wouldn't want to get the body back from you and risk cracking the finish.
Hope that all makes sense.

I'll take some photos and PM them too you, which should better help clarify my point.

Cheers,
Will

I could certainly replicate that finish in yellow with black stripes It is the pickguard that needs filling in right? What colour is the pickguard, as I will need to disguise the holes that were made previously.
Quote by haha5940
I could certainly replicate that finish in yellow with black stripes It is the pickguard that needs filling in right? What colour is the pickguard, as I will need to disguise the holes that were made previously.

Hi mate. Sorry, I wasn't very clear earlier. I drilled new screw holes in the body. That's would need filling prior to a respray, but I'd need to send you the pickguard so you can see which screw holes to keep!

Does that make more sense?

Also, in the body, there are two screw holes that are very close to eachother. I couldn't get them any closer without it resulting in one big screw hole. As a result the new hole is slightly off so ideally, could do with both being filled and a new hole drilled. I would happily do this once I get the body back, but would not want to risk cracking or damaging the new finish.

All of this will make more sense once I get some photos sent to you!
Quote by haha5940
Yes, i normally use nitrocellulose lacquer because it is a light lacquer, and lets the guitar vibrate more than other clear coats. would you be wanting the guitar to be painted, or just want the nitrocellulose lacquers applied?

I'd like it painted either Olympic White, Sonic Blue or Surf Green (Haven't decided which yet) with a satin untinted clear coat. How much roughly do you think that'd cost? Would you be interested in taking a pedal for payment or will it have to be cash?
Quote by badgerific
I'd like it painted either Olympic White, Sonic Blue or Surf Green (Haven't decided which yet) with a satin untinted clear coat. How much roughly do you think that'd cost? Would you be interested in taking a pedal for payment or will it have to be cash?

Estimate price without seeing the guitar is £45 + postage (price may rise slightly if there are any dents into the wood etc), and it would really depend on the pedal tbh
*major dents into the wood.

Quote by machin05
Hi mate. Sorry, I wasn't very clear earlier. I drilled new screw holes in the body. That's would need filling prior to a respray, but I'd need to send you the pickguard so you can see which screw holes to keep!

Does that make more sense?

Also, in the body, there are two screw holes that are very close to eachother. I couldn't get them any closer without it resulting in one big screw hole. As a result the new hole is slightly off so ideally, could do with both being filled and a new hole drilled. I would happily do this once I get the body back, but would not want to risk cracking or damaging the new finish.

All of this will make more sense once I get some photos sent to you!

ohh! i get it I've got some experience of filling and disguising them same holes for people that preferred the look of the guitar without the pickguard, so the job would be no problem
Quote by haha5940
Estimate price without seeing the guitar is £45 + postage (price may rise slightly if there are any dents into the wood etc), and it would really depend on the pedal tbh

That sounds very reasonable I'll have to have a think about it, basicly depends on wether I can find a decent replacement pickguard for it. I'll enquire more when I'm sure I want it done. Cheers for your time
Page 1 of 2