Hi UG members,

Here is how it goes. I originally wanted to buy an orange Tiny Terror... BUT I came across a USED 6505+ 112 combo for $360 USD.

I was wondering if it's good tube combo for home (apartment) use?

I like do do both shred and rhythm stuff, and play a mix of thrash, metalcore, hardcore, southern rock, but i also own a tele and occasionally play some bluesy stuff as well.

I would be able to try the amp out before I purchase it, I like some dirt on my cleans, so I don't mind the not-so-clean. And was wondering this amp cuts over the drums when I decide to have a jamming sesh with some friends.

Thanks!

edit: "Question: Can I play anything other than metal and hardcore with the 6505+ combo? Because to be honest, we all know it sounds nothing like the 5150 van halen tone..."
Last edited by SlinkyswaN at May 15, 2011,
I'd say that's a great deal. It's not a bad amp, it's suggested frequently on here.

From what you've said it sounds fine for you.

It'll be loud enough for jamming and smaller gigs.
I just bought a new one yesterday for $650. I love it. I'd say thats a steal. Great value for that price even if it's used.
Quote by losing battle
Id go for it. Its a pretty good deal check the tubes though if possible.

Any Tips on checking how to check the tubes?
Quote by shredtastic11
I just bought a new one yesterday for $650. I love it. I'd say thats a steal. Great value for that price even if it's used.

$650 for the combo? or the actual 6505/6505+ head?
Considering I bought mine new for $600, I'd say it is in fact a good deal. You get a lot of amp for your money even new.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Question: Can I play anything other than metal and hardcore with the 6505+ combo? Because to be honest, we all know it sounds nothing like the 5150 van halen tone...
Last edited by SlinkyswaN at May 15, 2011,
you can. so far I havn't found my tone on the clean channel...the clean isn't the greatest with this amp but it'll get you by.
I personally wouldn't, but I'm not really a fan of how the 6505 1x12 sounded when I tried it out. I got my 5150 2x12 combo for $375. Granted that was a really good deal, I don't think I'd pay the same for a 112 *shrug*
Quote by fixationdarknes
I personally wouldn't, but I'm not really a fan of how the 6505 1x12 sounded when I tried it out. I got my 5150 2x12 combo for $375. Granted that was a really good deal, I don't think I'd pay the same for a 112 *shrug*

That's a damn good deal, I don't think I'll be able to find that... and a 5150 2x12 i think would be way too loud for when I use it at home
It's still 60w. It's just pushing a larger amount of air through 2 speakers. I honestly doubt you'd be able to really tell a difference at <1 volume.
Quote by SlinkyswaN
Question: Can I play anything other than metal and hardcore with the 6505+ combo? Because to be honest, we all know it sounds nothing like the 5150 van halen tone...

if you want stuff other than "metal and hardcore" then you will want the tiny terror out of the options you listed.

that said from what you listed that you like to play, i think that you'd be far happier with the 6505

btw i bought my 5150 for 400$ so fixationdarknes' deal isnt unreachable
Last edited by vincelombard at May 15, 2011,