How fast can you / the best drummer you know personally / drummer in your band do straight double bass? Just made this out of curiosity because my drummer just won a competition for it.
I hate my sig
Our first drummer does straight 16ths at 260-270ish. Atm we don't have a drummer, and I haven't got a double pedal.
If I'm high, does that make me a Flying Dutchman?

Legal weed, windmills, clogs, and speed cameras. Welcome to the Netherlands!
Quote by McGryphon
Our first drummer does straight 16ths at 260-270ish. Atm we don't have a drummer, and I haven't got a double pedal.

So around 1,040 beats per minute? That's awesome. My drummer barely won the competition with 850 BPM. But he didn't get to practice for it or anything
I hate my sig
I can sustain 16ths at about 200-ish bpm for maybe like... 15-20 seconds at a decent volume before I start to get tired. With like, a hybrid technique mixing ankle and leg motion, but mostly ankles. With just one foot (either right or left) I can play 8th notes at 240 bpm with the constant release method for about a minute solidly, though.

My friend Jay can sustain 16ths at 270 bpm for like, two minutes straight, without "tapping" the pedals...
God knows how you guys can do it, I tried it today on a friends double pedal and could only sustain roughly 185 for 3 minutes before getting tired.... Once I get my own set I'm going to learn hell-toe with my left foot and do doubles instead of singles...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.