I have tried to like these guitars for some time now...I've played a few of the ranging from the low end gio, to the jem...the necks feel awkward and the tone is decent to my ears, but I can't seem to fall in love with them like some do. I will admit that the trems are great and the infinity pups are some of the best. Stock pups out there....is there something I'm missing?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I don't know brother. I don't find anything particularly wrong with ESP, just can't get into them.
everyone has their preferences. i dont like the skinny necks of ibanezes, i dont like the huge bodies fenders have, etc... theres nothing wrong with you for not liking a certain guitar brand.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
i like my ibanez. it's great both clean and distorted, though it weighs about 2309 pounds. it's not my primary guitar, but it's something thats great to have around as a backup. i hate trems in general though, mine is blocked.
My sig? Nice.
You dont like the necks

If you cant like an Ibanez neck they are never going to fell good to you.

The super skinny Wizards at least, not all their guitars have that.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You like em or you dont, you're not the problem. What usually ties people to ibanez are the thin necks. If they dont suit you, no big deal man
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I have tried to like these guitars for some time now...I've played a few of the ranging from the low end gio, to the jem...the necks feel awkward and the tone is decent to my ears, but I can't seem to fall in love with them like some do. I will admit that the trems are great and the infinity pups are some of the best. Stock pups out there....is there something I'm missing?

Nope, this is normal. You're exactly like about 80%* of the guitar playing population. Well, at least on this issue.

*Number is debatable, but I don't really care
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
That's just how it goes. I've done my damnedest to like Jacksons. They look awesome and they sound awesome but I've never played one that just completely clicked for me. I can't get into fender, epiphone or jackson guitars but I love prs, esp and ibanez. That's just how it is sometimes.
Also have no idea about the stock pickups in them, all of the ones I've owned had dimarzio's or emg's.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
I didn't like Ibanez until I tried the JEM, and back then it was my favorite guitar. Stayed that way for a while, too, until I tried the Music Man JP6.

But yeah, I didn't like any Ibanez except the JEM for a while. All of the guitars with Wizard II necks just didn't feel comfortable to me. Then one day I tried my friend's RG7620 and fell in love with it. At that point I realized that the only Ibanez guitars I really like are the MIJ ones.

And now, well... *looks at signature*
It's all opinion, generally it's not good to think of guitars by brand. All manufacturers generally make some crap guitars so take each one on it's merits. The only guitar manufacturer I'm in love with is Maton (Aussie manufacturer). I've never seen anything remotely approaching a bad guitar from them but then again you do pay for quality.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
It's all preference man. If you don't like it, then you don't like it haha. The necks are usually the deal breaker. You either love em, or you don't. They're just so thin that if you're not a fan of thin necks, you'll never really fully pull yourself into liking them but that's the wonderful thing about guitars: If you don't like it because of the neck, you don't have to get used to it (if you don't want to of course) because there are thousands of options. It's like shoes. You wouldn't buy a pair of Nike's if they weren't comfortable in the hopes you'd get used to them. I just happen to love the Wizard necks Ibanez makes but they definitely aren't for everyone!
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by coolstoryangus
Wait did the OP just say that infinity pickups where one of the best?

For stock, no-name, pickups from the manufacturer. He's got a point, the IBZ pickups are better than alot of the crap other manufacturers put into their guitars that aren't SD's or DiMarzio's. For cheapy pups, they're rather good, especially when you consider that some of the same IBZ pups that go into their pricier guitars go into their cheapy lines as well, which is good for the cheapy line, but not so good for the more expensive stuff.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
For stock, no-name, pickups from the manufacturer. He's got a point, the IBZ pickups are better than alot of the crap other manufacturers put into their guitars that aren't SD's or DiMarzio's. For cheapy pups, they're rather good, especially when you consider that some of the same IBZ pups that go into their pricier guitars go into their cheapy lines as well, which is good for the cheapy line, but not so good for the more expensive stuff.

What I meant...gas for an iceman has been killed by my experience with ibanez
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by Megdidar
That's just how it goes. I've done my damnedest to like Jacksons. They look awesome and they sound awesome but I've never played one that just completely clicked for me. I can't get into fender, epiphone or jackson guitars but I love prs, esp and ibanez. That's just how it is sometimes.
Also have no idea about the stock pickups in them, all of the ones I've owned had dimarzio's or emg's.

Aren't Jackson and Ibanez necks alike though?
Quote by Krauser

Nah the infinitys are ****ing awful... The earlier v series v1/v2 on the late 80s/early 90s ibanez i dont mind but the rest are pretty damn bad like!
Ibanez is sort of a love/hate thing.
Some people adjust really well to the thin necks, but for some people they're unusable and cramp-inducing.

I personally enjoy the thin necks because I've been using superstrat profiles for as long as I can remember, but if you're used to a regular strat or bigger it's going to be cramp-inducingly small.

The pickups on Ibanez guitars are meant to be swapped out, so they basically engineered the pickups to be cheap to manufacture. For home usage they're still decent, though, especially if you're used to starterpack quality pickups like I am.

PS. I hold the neck differently than I do a thicker one - maybe that has something to do with it as well.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
it's perfectly normal to like and dislike certain things. that's why different people use different guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.