I mean: it's just a screw that screws into the saddle.. I can see how it works if I need to move the saddle closer to the neck, but what do I do if I need to move it away from it? (since unscrewing the tool will just leave me where I started and make no changes).

Let me know if you dont understand what I mean.. it's the last step of my set up and I'm confused (new guitar) Thanks!
it will (should) make changes unscrewing it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
There is a washer around the screw between the last thread and the bridge. This allows the screw to rotate in both directions without coming out.
I'm sorry but I dont get it. I can screw it in until it reaches where the micro tuner sits. I can see a plastic washer in the screw, but I already screwed it all the way in and unscrewed it.
Last edited by EaMGuitar90 at May 15, 2011,
Tremolo type? I have a ZR trem and it has an intonation tool too. You have to loosen a screw on the saddle and it will automatically want to go forward, twisting the tool will make it go the opposite way.
OK, I got it to work. I didnt know about that screw.

But I still cant fix it. I adjust the intonation, but then I have to retune, and then the intonation is off again, and it never stops What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by EaMGuitar90 at May 15, 2011,
Quote by EaMGuitar90

But I still cant fix it. I adjust the intonation, but then I have to retune, and then the intonation is off again, and it never stops What am I doing wrong?

its a bit of rinse & repeat.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by EaMGuitar90

unfortunately trems are a little more difficult to set up over a fixed bridge. Take it to a tech.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
unfortunately trems are a little more difficult to set up over a fixed bridge. Take it to a tech.

Yeah, let's not learn how to set up our guitars, lets just pay hundreds over the course of years for a simple task.

TS: Everything with trems is, like said above, rinse and repeat. It can take a long time - the first time I completely restrung a floyd rose by myself took me something like 6 hours. Now I can do it in about an hour, going at a leisurely pace. You'll get it eventually, once you understand how it works and you're familiar with it. Just keep with it, and try not to get frustrated.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X