I have to write a history paper for class tomorrow morning. I can choose a topic, but it has to be 20th century and American. My brain is dead, anyone have any good ideas? Gimme what you would write about.
i don't know why i feel so dry
-US drug policy in the early 20th century concerning marijuana
-The Great Depression
-WWI, WWII
-Korean War
-Josef McCarthy and the HUAC
-Vietnam War
-Civil Rights Movement
-Little Rock 9
-US Foreign Policy during a specific period of time, in a specific area
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
How long does it have to be?

Just do the Cold War or WW2 just like the rest of your class
Quote by suckmahnuts
...You're kidding me, right?

I have ADHD issues. If I'm not super interested in the topic, it's hard for me to write about it. Also, I have issues recalling what I'm interested in under pressure. ADHD has its quirks.

Thanks for the ideas so far
The sinking of the USS Liberty by the Israelis and the 1958 bomb plot against the US embassy in Cairo perpetrated by Mossad but instead were captured red handed before thier plot hatched. Two false-flag attacks meant to draw the US into conflicts against arab nations and thier connection to 9/11.
How about some of these:

Roaring 20s
Great Depression
Dust Bowl
Holocaust
WWI
WWII
Vietnam
Hippies
Drug War
Korea
Desert Storm

The list goes on...

EDIT: A couple important ones, Bay of Pigs and the Cold War.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Due tomorrow?
How the advent of the internet destroyed my chances to pass this class.
That should work.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
what do you mean by the topic? the 20th century had more shit happen in it than any other century, like millions if not billions of topics there must be one that you are interested in.

-music through 20th century
-WWII or one
-Vietnam war + Nixon + hippies
-LSD (my friend did this and it was great)
-the bogus war on marijuana
-the history of other drugs from marijuana, opiates, amphetamines

that's what I'd do
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Quote by Eastwinn
I have ADHD issues. If I'm not super interested in the topic, it's hard for me to write about it. Also, I have issues recalling what I'm interested in under pressure. ADHD has its quirks.

Thanks for the ideas so far

That just sounds like you're being lazy

Just pick something, the 20th century is filled with topics that you can write a research paper on
Quote by 801Current
what do you mean by the topic? the 20th century had more shit happen in it than any other century, like millions if not billions of topics there must be one that you are interested in.

-music through 20th century
-WWII or one
-Vietnam war + Nixon + hippies
-LSD (my friend did this and it was great)
-the bogus war on marijuana
-the history of other drugs from marijuana, opiates, amphetamines

that's what I'd do

Yes, there must be one, but unless something really jumps at me, I can't really write. It sounds dumb, it is dumb, and so am I, but humor me and I will appreciate suggestions. Such as these.. I like how people keep suggesting drugs. How did you all know that would peek my interest? ultimate-psychics.

I'm thinking about LSD actually.

darkcheef: No sir, but I do not deny being lazy as well.
Quote by Eastwinn
Yes, there must be one, but unless something really jumps at me, I can't really write. It sounds dumb, it is dumb, and so am I, but humor me and I will appreciate suggestions. Such as these.. I like how people keep suggesting drugs. How did you all know that would peek my interest? ultimate-psychics.

I'm thinking about LSD actually.

darkcheef: No sir, but I do not deny being lazy as well.

Usertitle
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The first thing that came to your mind should of been the World Wars and/or the Great Depression.
The MK-ULTRA project and how the CIA may have inadvertently started the drug counterculture.
Write about how WW2 left every other international superpower in ruins, and that this gave America the opportunity to expand and rise to world wide supremacy.

Hell, with everybody struggling to salvage a ruined continental Europe, a ruined Japan and a ruined Soviet Russia--Americas military was intact and fully operational and there was no other country involved in the war with the resources to challenge the then thriving US economy.

Write about how this period led to America dominating the international automobile market, for instance, since Germany, Italy and Japan were too ****ed up at the time to compete.

Write about how this opened doors for american commercial interests which are maintained and protected today by the military industrial complex.

A fascinating topic all its own.
"Why Glenn Beck Should Be President"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump